What team is in a better position to win the cup in 2022, Colorado or Carolina?

What team is in a better position to win the cup in 2022?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Carolina will struggle to even make the playoffs in that division.

So - Colorado

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Avs are stacked and should be a top contender in 2022. Only Las Vegas and Tampa Bay are at their level. Carolina is one of many in the next tier.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Carolina has much better depth everywhere, they have generally better goaltending, and they've got a couple big ticket players like Svechnikov and Necas who could improve next season. The only thing really working against them is a much tougher QoC.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The Avs aren't stacked though.

They have one elite line. Shut them down and you win.

They don't have a franchise type goalie.
And Carolina has none of those things. Nor do they have someone at the level of Makar.

I like Carolina, but I don't think they're at our level. But I also don't think we're at Tampa's level.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Colorado. Easier conference and they have all the pieces - I think they may just need to add a bit more physicality in the bottom 6 like Tampa did after 2019. They are lacking there.

I think Grubauer can get it done, and losing this year may have just pissed off MacKinnon and company enough to catapult them next year.

I’m just not sure about Carolina. Nedeljkovic looks good but he’s still unproven and we’ve seen that a lot can change with goalies so we’ll see on that front. Losing Hamilton would hurt. I think they too lack grit. They just strike me as a team that’s good but not quite good enough, kinda like the Isles.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Colorado. Easier conference and they have all the pieces - I think they may just need to add a bit more physicality in the bottom 6 like Tampa did after 2019. They are lacking there.

I think Grubauer can get it done, and losing this year may have just pissed off MacKinnon and company enough to catapult them next year.

I’m just not sure about Carolina. Nedeljkovic looks good but he’s still unproven and we’ve seen that a lot can change with goalies so we’ll see on that front. Losing Hamilton would hurt. I think they too lack grit. They just strike me as a team that’s good but not quite good enough, kinda like the Isles.

100% agree with this. They really seem like a team that will make the playoffs every season and win a round or 2 but don't quite have what it takes to win it all, at least not right now compared to some teams they'll face and I don't see it happening in the near future either unless they get some more game breakers. As I, a Stars fan have figured out though, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Losing Hamilton would be a big blow though. He's far and away their best dman offensively and one of their best offensive players for sure.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Get back to me when I can see both rosters in October after the offseason, Carolina is being undervalued here. Their move back to the Metro is being overstated, feel like they would’ve done well in it this year as well and there’s a few teams in this division I can see taking a step back.

Reactions: dalewood12 and Crow

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Get back to me in October, once rosters have shaken out.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Colorado because they're better and they're in the weaker conference and they aren't potentially about to lose arguably their best player

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'd say Colorado but both teams have been super hyped up the past few years but flamed out in the playoffs. At least Carolina has been to the 3rd round.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Avs aren't stacked though.

They have one elite line. Shut them down and you win.

They don't have a franchise type goalie.

This is only true in the playoffs when Kadri decides to go full head-case.
In the regular season, they were very much a deep lineup.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Voted Colorado but both have a great shot. This was my hope for a Cup final this year. Think it would be a really exciting series and I wouldn't mind either team winning. Maybe next year.

Reactions: dalewood12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad