Olympics: What Swedes would crack Team Canada?

Berglund1313

May 22, 2008
Sweden
1. agree
2. Zetterberg good chances, but sure not lock
3. Agree. I said it before.
4. Agree. Same opinion.

1. Oh my god, I never said that all Swedes are crap, you are gold contenders! I only said that not very many guys from swedish roster would make a canadian team and I also think Ludnqvist would be probably lock for #2.
2. Cause you TANKed in the game against Slovakia, as I said somebody could it name "tactical loose". Switzerland is always a better opponent than Czechs.
3. That´s your only argument. Look, I give you an example. Long time ago Richard Zednik was during quarter or third of the season in NHL SCORING TOP 10. Would he made canadian team? No. Would he made Swedish national team that time? No. You just look at him as a leading scorer and cause you are sweden you think it is lock for him he is the best in NHL from scorers. Anze Kopitar led NHL in scoring in November I think for a mont (similary like Sedin). Would he make a canadian team? No.

I dont say any swedes are lock for the canaidian roster i listed the players who have a chance and i said the sedins like they play now is still a big chance they will make a canaidian roster.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
You all are Sweden, of course you are proud of Sedins Brothers. You see them better than they are. You are biased. Accept different point of view.

Most of your "points of view" are absurd though. I don't know how many NHL games you get in slovakia but clearly you haven't watched all these players a lot. I don't know how anyone can under rate the sedins so much that they say they wouldn't make Canada's ESPECIALLY when the roster is built for chemistry. If it wasn't the entire 2nd line would likely not make it. I'm not swedish, I'm canadian, while I'd love to think canada has 12 forwards better than sweden I know its not true.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Like Canadian would you take (if nomination was made in November) Kopitar and Ryan Smyth? I think no.
Same story as Sedins, actually points scoring leader with linemate and there was pretty good chemistry, too.
Title of actually leading scorer of NHL means nothing to me, there are always during the season some players which lead NHL in scoring and then slow down.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bäckström Sedins and Zetterberg Lidström would make team canada Maybe Lundquist.

No chance alfredsson doesnt make team canada. Its also ridiculous to suggest the sedins, Zetterberg or Lidstrom dont make it. Lundqvist to me is the biggest question mark to be honest.

If anyone is going to argue that Alfie doesnt make the team please dont argue that Heatley should. Anyone that has watched the Ottawa Senators with any consistency whatsoever will tell you its not even close.

Last edited:

Humphrey*

it would be funny if there was a thread about which members from Team Canada would make Team Sweden.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Why the laughter? Two days ago the Sedins went head-to-head with the top Canadian and top Russian and smoked 'em both.

I really really really hope Team Canada players and management don't have the same exaggerated sense of over confidence shown by our fan base, because if they do, this will be a very humiliating tournament.
If team canada go ahead with team sweden, Canada will win 10 out of 10 times in this tournament. No need to worry about Sedins playing or not, because that wouldnt matter much.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
not a chance they take one Sedin but not both. Also, Daniel is a Left Winger and that's a weak position for the team. The Sedins are also better checkers then they are getting credit for in this thread. Their puck possession style is great against top lines and they are strong defensively.

These are my team Canada-Sweden forward lines. Lines 1-3 are interchangable scoring lines. Could switch Nash and Marleau as Marleau is better defensively and Nash has played with Thornton before.

Getzlaf - Crosby - Perry
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Sedin - Sedin - Iginla
Nash - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Backstrom

Y'know, those would be my forward selections exactly. On defense and in goal, I would just add Lidstrom and Lundqvist at the expense of Fleury and Doughty.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't think Sedins would make it. Their two way game is underrated and their production is viewed the same way as Savards is. People don't really believe the numbers. Also, since they took a few years to grow into top players people underestimate them.

I am not saying I agree with it, but I don't think they would make team Canada if they were Canadian.

Alfredsson, Lidström and Zetterberg would. Probably Lundqvist.

Not that I disagree with your assessment...but the whole idea is kind of hard to get my head around. If they were able to play for Canada, they would be Canadian. Canadians love Canadian hockey players. I don't think the Sedins would get the same flack if they were just Canadian twins. I'm sure I'll take heat for this, but there is no disputing that European players are viewed differently than North Americans, especially where grit is concerned. Plus, if the Sedins were Canadian, they likely would play slightly different due to growing up in different cultures and in different hockey cultures.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
I'm sure that Zetterberg would have no problem convincing Canadians that he was Canadian. It's widely known his talent isn't on the same level of other elite players. It's his "heart" and other such intangibles that he exhibits during crucial times, which I'm sure is something that Canadians see themselves as having almost exclusively.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
My Sweden - Canade team?

Sedins - Nash
Crosby - Getzlaf - Perry
Zetterberg - Toews - Iginla
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley

(Lines are not 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, more like 1 - 1 - 1 - 1)

Pronger - Lidstrom
Keith - Seabrook
Doughty - Boyle

Brodeur
Luongo
Fleury

No Lundqvist. Sorry, but I think Lundqvist is easier to solve than fleury.

ovechkinisking8*

Nicklas backstrom (captials) no question about it, he is one of the best centers in the nhl and world.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
"What Finns would crack team Canada"

Well, there's one Finnish skater that could very possible crack into any team. Hint: He was voted for the team of the decade for his spot, is having a career year, and everyone hates him except the fans of the teams he has played for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad