What surprises do you expect this year? Make your unpopular predictions

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
In a contract year Plekanecs is demoted to third line center regardless of the fact that he outproduces Desharnais. Suppressing his trade value and he walks as a free agent.

Therrien says we have no number one line.

It becomes the hot topic on the boards this year amongst desharnais bashers.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs win the Stanley Cup in Montreal Price is named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Galchenyuk wins his 1st Art Ross Trophy at 22 yrs. old, PK Subban wins his 2nd Norris Trophy, & Tomas Plekanec wins the Frank Selke Trophy which longed to come home to Montreal almost as much as the Stanley Cup.:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo: Five yo's for five trophies!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bettman allows Desharnais to play on Christian Thomas's shoulders and fill one uniform, becoming the first 10 foot-plus player in the NHL.

Chuckie is two bad games away from playing wing.

Hot bet on the dressing room board: what happens first, DD centers the first line, Kassian misses time due to an injury or Semin is in the doghouse.

Wet dream that won't happen -- Semin and Condon will never be in the same lineup.

One of the Habs players will finally do what is long overdue -- administer a nice slap to the back of Tony Marinaro's head, while on air. :sarcasm:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
At some point, we'll see Desharnais on the first line, first PP wave and it will be completely ineffective.

I just hope his leash is much shorter this time.

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
Eller will break out this year. (I'm serious)

So does Chuky.

And Semin will prove last year was a fluke.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Jarred Tinordi will be moved to left wing and play with Zack Kassian and DD and turn into one of the most feared lines in the NHL :)

Twin Peaks and the Double D

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Subban regresses. Slightly. ~ 50 Points

Semin plays decent but Kass really finds his stride.

Price has another all-star season.

Tokarski proves he's a good backup

EGS Line solidifies itself. Is our best O line in two years.

Don't do as well as last year in the reg. season but make it further into the POs, Cup Final/Conference Final.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
With Toronto, Florida and Buffalo improved this year you can count on it that we will struggle to win games. This team cannot produce goals 5 on 5 or on the power play because they lack chemistry and team identity. Cross our fingers that Kassian and Semin can help with that.

Hard decisions for Bergevin before the 2016 trading deadline and will require to make significant moves. My prediction is Plecks, Eller will be wearing another jersey.

Habs in 10th place in the east and Therrien packs his bags.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Hey guys, you know the meaning of 'unpopular', right?

But then again, it's like two titles into one, OP. :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
With Toronto, Florida and Buffalo improved this year you can count on it that we will struggle to win games. This team cannot produce goals 5 on 5 or on the power play because they lack chemistry and team identity. Cross our fingers that Kassian and Semin can help with that.

Hard decisions for Bergevin before the 2016 trading deadline and will require to make significant moves. My prediction is Plecks, Eller will be wearing another jersey.

Habs in 10th place in the east and Therrien packs his bags.

What the hell is that?? Troll post? Too much NHL15 on your PS4?

Toronto improved? Buffalo? You really think Buffalo is a threat? :laugh:

This is a playoffs team and we're gonna be top 3 in the division come trade deadline. No way we're sellers.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Condon becomes backup by mid-year
Fucale struggles in the ECHL - his future becomes more clouded
Tokarski, Tinordi, Thomas, Thrower are traded, lost on waivers or released by the organization. All names beginning with the letter T are at risk ;)
Bournival doesn't play this year because of post concussion symptoms
Desharnais and Gilbert are traded in late December, early January
De La Rose is sent to the AHL, plays extremely well as replaces Desharnais when he is traded
Barberio is kept around as the #7/#8 dman when Tinordi doesn't make the team and shares that position with Gilbert/Pateryn until Gilbert is traded
Pacioretty begins the season with Pleks and doesn't produce at the same level he did with Desharnais
Fleischmann is kept around until the team can evaluate the progression of Andrighetto and Hudon probably until mid-season.
Andrighetto and/or Hudon make the team permanently at mid-season - Daniel Carr does not.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised to see both Eller and Chuky get 60+ points season if Therrien is actually serious about giving them a fair shot in their new roles.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'm going to go a little bit out there... DSP will score 20 goals this year. Brian Flynn will have an amazing season and become a solid 3rd liner for us. Galchenyuk will lead forwards in hits.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I thought it could be fun to see what people expect from this year that might be an unpopular/surprising opinion. Here are a few I have:

1. Desharnais 60+ points (maybe close to 65-70) - redeems himself in front of many fans, and is seen as a viable offensive centerman

2. Subban trumps all. He will leave defensemen like Karlsson in the dust this year, and establish himself as the absolute best defenseman in the league, by a bit. Offensively speaking - he will dominate

3. Pacioretty will disappoint. He will barely hit 30 goals, nowhere close to 40.

Anyone else?

Sorry but I'm having trouble to understand your "predictions".

Who will score the goals for DD if he suddenly becomes as good/productive as Jonathan Toews. If Pacioretty gets a disappointing season.. lets say its because he plays with Plekanec, Galchenyuk stays center, in order for DD to get 65 pts, he will need a lot of help by his wingers to score goals. DD hit 60 pts with Pacioretty scoring 33 and Cole 35. So who will be the 2 wingers that will score 35g+ to help DD get 65-70pts??

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Bettman allows Desharnais to play on Christian Thomas's shoulders and fill one uniform, becoming the first 10 foot-plus player in the NHL.

Chuckie is two bad games away from playing wing.

Hot bet on the dressing room board: what happens first, DD centers the first line, Kassian misses time due to an injury or Semin is in the doghouse.

Wet dream that won't happen -- Semin and Condon will never be in the same lineup.

One of the Habs players will finally do what is long overdue -- administer a nice slap to the back of Tony Marinaro's head, while on air. :sarcasm:

They sat together on the bench yesterday. I should've taken a picture :(

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They sat together on the bench yesterday. I should've taken a picture :(

Too bad, would have matched up with this:

8qPR47e.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad