What sucks more: Ottawa 2018 or Avalanche 2017?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I know Ottawa fans are pretty down on themselves right now. But, as an Avs fan, I know what it's like to be at the bottom. I still hear a lot about how bad the Avalanche franchise is these days and get shit on regularly for being an Avalanche fan. But, I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
On Ice: Avs
Off-Ice: Sens

I'd have to agree with this. The on ice play of the 17 Avs was truly something to behold (in a bad way) but the off ice antics that are following the Sens around is something else as well.

Overall who has/had it worse? I would say the Sens. Even in 17, the Avs had a lot of pieces to go forward. The Sens are in danger of losing a generational defenseman, a top 6 winger in Hoffman (who's as good as gone IMO), have the worst owner in the NHL, no 1st round draft pick either this year or next, etc. It just seems like a lot more wrong overall.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'd have to agree with this. The on ice play of the 17 Avs was truly something to behold (in a bad way) but the off ice antics that are following the Sens around is something else as well.

Overall who has/had it worse? I would say the Sens. Even in 17, the Avs had a lot of pieces to go forward. The Sens are in danger of losing a generational defenseman, a top 6 winger in Hoffman (who's as good as gone IMO), have the worst owner in the NHL, no 1st round draft pick either this year or next, etc. It just seems like a lot more wrong overall.

After LOLmeau drop passed on the break away I realized that that’s just the epitome of the Avs season.
I agree though. The Sens organization is just a gong show through and through at the moment. Poor Dutchy.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
After LOLmeau drop passed on the break away I realized that that’s just the epitome of the Avs season.
I agree though. The Sens organization is just a gong show through and through at the moment. Poor Dutchy.

Good post but with regards to the bolded. It was actually an amazing setup. MacK was just too slow and couldn't handle the sauce. :sarcasm:

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I feel bad for Sens fans, even the worst points of the Avs 48 pt season there always seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel, and Sakic was very open about a plan moving forward even before the end of the year. And as much as everyone likes to shit on Kroenke, he always opens his wallet when needed for the betterment of the team.

From the bad year on ice, to the off ice drama and mismanagement of assets. There doesn't seem much to grasp at to get a breath right now in Ottawa and that's a shame. Wrap that up with an owner who seems to only care about himself, thats a pretty well made shit sandwich if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I know Ottawa fans are pretty down on themselves right now. But, as an Avs fan, I know what it's like to be at the bottom. I still hear a lot about how bad the Avalanche franchise is these days and get **** on regularly for being an Avalanche fan. But, I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks.

Avs sympathi for Ottawas demise would have looked more genuine if Avs wasn't the team who helped them do the worst things...

Just IMHO. :naughty:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
plot twist the 2019 Avalanche are worse than the 2019 Senators.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So you know we are in the dumps right now and yet you make a thread to remind us how **** we are.

Feels good man.

I am sure we should bear over with the avs-fans. After all, they bought a team, and it was ready for it's first cup the first year they had it. What does this mean for the fans? It must have been like buying a kit for your kid, and then realize the shopkeeper had already assembled it and put it back into the box, it was just to pick it out of the box, finished.

Boring. No work. The Avs-fans got spoiled and broken just away.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
sens are way worse off than the aves were at their low point. everyone knew colorado was bad cause they lacked experienced players and had zero depth up and down the lineup, but its not like the cupboard was barren

ottawa is a mess everywhere, both on and off the ice. they could have a reality tv show, seriously

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Ottawa 2018. Avs 2017, while absolutely atrocious, were not remarkably more so than other teams in other years like Buffalo a few years back. Ottawa, on the other hand, imploded both on and off the ice, launching into a new, special, and spicy kind of crazy.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Ottawa 2018. Avs 2017, while absolutely atrocious, were not remarkably more so than other teams in other years like Buffalo a few years back. Ottawa, on the other hand, imploded both on and off the ice, launching into a new, special, and spicy kind of crazy.

Uh... Colorado had the worst record since Atlanta entered the league in 2000-2001 as an expansion team and finished with 39 points. Keep in mind that Buffalo team you're referring to still finished with 58 points and were actively trying to tank. Colorado was trying to win games and finished with 48.

I do have to agree that being in Ottawa shoes is by far worse when you combine not having the team's 2019 1st to look forward to, in addition to the Karlsson saga and the ongoing Menlyk + co. charade.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Silly question to ask now since Colorado had a good season this year.

Since most HF posters seem to have the capability of a very small child when it comes to projecting it will always be "the only thing that matters is today".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad