What Stick Do You Use?

What Brand, Flex, Curve is your Primary Stick?

• Bauer

• CCM

• Warrior

• Sher-Wood

• True

• Other

• ---

• 50-59

• 60-69

• 70-79

• 80-89

• 90-99

• 100+

• ---

• P88 (P30/P40/MC/W88)

• P92 (TC2/W03)

• P28 (TC4/W28)

• PM9 (P14/MC2/W01)

• P02 (P38/P45/HC5/W02)

• Other

• ---

• Low Kick

• Mid Kick

• High Kick

• ---

• Prefer Grip

• Prefer No Grip

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I use:

Bauer Vapor Flylite
55 Flex
P92M
Low Kick
I prefer No Grip but no retail sticks are like that these days

This site allows you to build to order sticks and they aren't that expensive, anyone have experience with them?

If I order custom I would like to drop the flex even lower to a 50 and finally get a no grip stick again. I prefer quite rounded shafts like Vapor. For curve I may go with the actual Ovi curve, it's just the P92 & P88 are the most commonly available sticks so I've always went with the P92.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I really transitioned throughout playing, but the specifications have always been the same. Throughout midget to now, it’s always been any of the variations:

P92
77 flex

Always loved the Vapor line, have gone through every version of the Apx, flylite, but have recently really liked the twigs CCM have been putting out.

RBZ was awesome, the “pop” seemed to go out quick with them but I don’t know if it was placebo but it really felt like the puck popped off my stick.

SuperTack is a good stick too.

Always been Bauer but recently been liking the CCM twigs.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sherwood because they’re cheap and more durable, compared to the flagship Bauer and CCM sticks

If money was no object I’d prob f*** with the latest Trigger Pro from CCM or Vapor from Bauer

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I’m on my last PM9 curve (very little curve) and it’s unfortunately on its last legs. Been using and loving it with multiple stick brands for 7+ years now, but since they’ve stopped making it retail I’ll switch to the P88. Definitely going to be an adjustment as I like playing on my backhand.

Grip depends. Ideally some grip, but a lot of it out there is way too sticky for me. I want to feel free.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Trash hockey player here...

I use a Warrior Alpha QXS-1 W88 Zetterberg 85 flex with grip.

Honestly, I bought it because it was on sale and I thought it was so ugly I thought it was kind of charming in its own way. I'm self-aware enough to know that it's not my stick that's holding me back in hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
• CCM JETSPEED FT3 Pro
• P90TM
• 65 Flex
• Hybrid Kick Point

I also prefer no grip, but have gotten use to the grip that every stick has these days.

zjack38

Jun 30, 2022
This site allows you to build to order sticks and they aren't that expensive, anyone have experience with them?

If I order custom I would like to drop the flex even lower to a 50 and finally get a no grip stick again. I prefer quite rounded shafts like Vapor. For curve I may go with the actual Ovi curve, it's just the P92 & P88 are the most commonly available sticks so I've always went with the P92.

I bought one to try out and I like it a lot. I’m still getting used to the curve (I went with Panarins pro stock curve) and shootings been a little off with it. But weight, puck feel, pop, it feels just like a top end stick.

I definitely think I’m going to order more thought before the season starts, only con is shipping times. Takes like 2 months to get to you. But all the options you have and the price point makes it worth it

Reactions: EdJovanovski

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
She broke during my final game of last season, but my True Project X (Pro Stock -Stephane Patry) was an absolute beauty, maybe the best stick I've ever used. She was a 75-flex with the classic P-19 (Sakic) curve. Custom colorway too (Maroon replacing the Blue).

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Warrior QRE SL has been a favorite of mine recently. w88/75 flex.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I’m one of those weirdos that switches sticks almost every single skate just because I like trying new things.

My tried and true set up which has held up some how after 2 seasons of college hockey still, is the Easton Stealth CX E28 Curve 75 flex. Once I adjusted and used the E28 to its strengths, I’ve never had a better shot/release. This and the Easton V9 are two of my favorite sticks I’ve ever used.

I recently picked up a Bauer Ultra Sonic P92 87 flex and will be trying that out. I’ve never used a supreme stick before, and yes, even missed out on the one95 days but I’ve heard the more you lean/load into your shots on this, the better. I also picked up a Warrior QR edge from my old coach to try out.

In 2014, I started following the Duchene/Crosby route of playing with shorter sticks. For me it was a game changer. The shorter stick helped tremendously with puck handling, passing, and learning to lower my center of gravity, especially against the boards. It was just a lot easier to control everything. Not going to lie, at first my shot suffered for a bit, but like the E28, once I truly adjusted it was great.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don’t play anymore due to disability, but the last stick I used and loved was a Bauer Xlite. Intermediate 67 flex because I’m weak, came with a low kick point, and I grabbed it with the P88 curve. It was a tiny bit short on me since I’m 5’11”, but I got used to it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Little surprised at how whippy some people like their sticks,
I prefer mid 80s to mid 90s.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I’m one of those weirdos that switches sticks almost every single skate just because I like trying new things.

My tried and true set up which has held up some how after 2 seasons of college hockey still, is the Easton Stealth CX E28 Curve 75 flex. Once I adjusted and used the E28 to its strengths, I’ve never had a better shot/release. This and the Easton V9 are two of my favorite sticks I’ve ever used.

I recently picked up a Bauer Ultra Sonic P92 87 flex and will be trying that out. I’ve never used a supreme stick before, and yes, even missed out on the one95 days but I’ve heard the more you lean/load into your shots on this, the better. I also picked up a Warrior QR edge from my old coach to try out.

In 2014, I started following the Duchene/Crosby route of playing with shorter sticks. For me it was a game changer. The shorter stick helped tremendously with puck handling, passing, and learning to lower my center of gravity, especially against the boards. It was just a lot easier to control everything. Not going to lie, at first my shot suffered for a bit, but like the E28, once I truly adjusted it was great.

You must be well off...i wish i had that luxury

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
You must be well off...i wish i had that luxury

I’ve been fortunate enough to make good relationships/friendships through my playing career and time working at hockey monkey. I have definitely bought a lot of sticks but most of the ones I “try out” are demo sticks I’ve been able to get through reps. I can’t justify the cost of hockey sticks today for as much as I play now.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I would love to get a custom curve, it's been a dream of mine since childhood. I really, really love hockey sticks. The thing is, I'm also very, very cheap and I can't justify to myself paying much over 100 € for a stick, so I buy a stick once every two years or so. My sticks never seem to break, so I'm stuck with them for a long time, which is a positive problem to have. I only play once a week nowadays.

I'm 6'5 and I weigh around 200 pounds, I use a full length (meaning as they are sold) sticks. Currently I'm using CCM Jetspeed 75 flex with a P19 curve. I managed to get this pro stick pretty cheaply from a clearance sale.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Did anyone use or know anyone that used a BASE Custom hockey stick?

From what I remember it was completely customizable from flex, to curve, to finish.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Did anyone use or know anyone that used a BASE Custom hockey stick?

From what I remember it was completely customizable from flex, to curve, to finish.
I bought one a bunch of years back. It's customizable in that they have a menu of curves and flexes, etc. to chose from, but unless you want some obscure curve, it's not going to be any different than retail, and not necessarily any better. I have 45 flex intermediate, and it feels more like a 60 flex, and it's like wielding a 2x4. Seriously, I could chop down a cherry tree with the thing.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I bought one a bunch of years back. It's customizable in that they have a menu of curves and flexes, etc. to chose from, but unless you want some obscure curve, it's not going to be any different than retail, and not necessarily any better. I have 45 flex intermediate, and it feels more like a 60 flex, and it's like wielding a 2x4. Seriously, I could chop down a cherry tree with the thing.
Did you order it online? Maybe I’m misremembering or someone lied to me but I could’ve sworn they rendered a curve to your liking at a brick and motor place and you could pick obscure flexes like 62.

For a stick that was considered high end and for that price a comparable to a 2x4 is pretty sad.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Did you order it online? Maybe I’m misremembering or someone lied to me but I could’ve sworn they rendered a curve to your liking at a brick and motor place and you could pick obscure flexes like 62.

For a stick that was considered high end and for that price a comparable to a 2x4 is pretty sad.

I went to one of their fitting/training facilities. I was skating on artificial ice and shooting with sample sticks/curves. They would mix and match shafts and blades to create the sample stick. They have a menu selection of curves and flexes. It was a large menu, but still, a set selection. From my limited understanding, making a one of a kind curve requires them to make a one of a kind mold. And making a unique flex, requires a them to make the shaft to order, which they don't.

I can't say for certain, but I get the feeling their one piece sticks are fused two piece sticks. Basically a two piece stick with the fuse point hidden. Now to be fair, CCM sticks up until recently were all fused two piece sticks, too. They're just able to be called a one piece for technical reasons just like Sub Way can call their sandwiches foot-longs even though they're only 11 inches.

As for being considered high end, well, all those generic custom hockey stick companies call their sticks high end, too. My tinfoil hat theory is all these custom stick companies get their stuff from the same factories in China or wherever and just have their logos slapped on to them. Hell, I got a teammate who opened up a custom stick company as a side hustle. I asked him if he could get me a very odd spec. I already suspected that he wouldn't be able to, and as expected, he couldn't. He didn't say why, but my guess is it's not on the menu.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad