What skates are most similar to the Easton mako?

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
My brother loves theses skates but his are falling apart and Easton stopped making them. I've always liked Graf and they have a similar forward pitch and low volume but my brother tried my G3 but didn't. What's the best skate that is low volume,forward pitch and light weight?

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I've had the Makos for 2+ years and use them year round, on the ice twice a week on average (sometimes more), and they have held up very well. Look after your equipment (cloth drying the blades and bottom of the skate) and air dry them in a well ventilated area with the footbed out. Do that and they will last a long time.

I like them so much I'm still trying to find a Mako 2 skate to replace them one day online in 11.5 size. No luck so far :-(

Clayton Van

Jun 10, 2018
I've had the Makos for 2+ years and use them year round, on the ice twice a week on average (sometimes more), and they have held up very well. Look after your equipment (cloth drying the blades and bottom of the skate) and air dry them in a well ventilated area with the footbed out. Do that and they will last a long time.

I like them so much I'm still trying to find a Mako 2 skate to replace them one day online in 11.5 size. No luck so far :-(

I found this web site with Mako's in your size?
Easton Mako M7 Ice Hockey Skates [Senior] | Hockey Giant Equipment

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
I know this thread is a bit old, but I’m desperate.

My kid has worn Makos, either the II or M8, for years. Some of the inner foam broke down and since Makos were/are largely unavailable now, he bit the bullet and switched over to a pair of last year’s model Bauer Supreme 1S.

Tried them 10 times, even had them profiled with a forward pitch, but he hates them and can’t adjust. Switched back to the dying Mako M8s for practice last night and he was flying and happy again.

The kid takes size 8.5D . Any idea where I could get a pair? Or a skate that is similar?? I’ve no idea where to turn .....

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I know this thread is a bit old, but I’m desperate.

My kid has worn Makos, either the II or M8, for years. Some of the inner foam broke down and since Makos were/are largely unavailable now, he bit the bullet and switched over to a pair of last year’s model Bauer Supreme 1S.

Tried them 10 times, even had them profiled with a forward pitch, but he hates them and can’t adjust. Switched back to the dying Mako M8s for practice last night and he was flying and happy again.

The kid takes size 8.5D . Any idea where I could get a pair? Or a skate that is similar?? I’ve no idea where to turn .....
Sounds like you need to get a pair of True skates. It's exactly what you're looking for given that Mako is finished.

Reactions: LarryO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad