What should the value of Ben Lovejoy's next contract be?

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
they need to move Lovejoy this summer. if JR really didn't want to pull the trigger on the deal, he should move him for whatever...

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Can you really put a price on experience??

It's really going to pay off, especially in the later rounds. Oh by the way, when does the second round start?

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
images

Best I can do is $5.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If Lovejoy goes to Free Agency next year, I see him liking Pittsburgh enough to take a hometown discount. I'm not worried about him breaking the bank.

You can't really give a discount below league minimum.

I don't want him on the team. He is an NHL player and fine as a #5 but as others have said we have a hundred of those all of whom have better upside. He's in the way THIS year, let alone into the future.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Why on earth would we keep Chorney over Harrington? He'll be 29 in 2016 and he sucks.

Maybe we were watching two different players in the short playoff run last month.

The guy wearing 44 was hands down our best defenseman and Harrington fetches more in a trade, because of the aforementioned 29 years old thing.

Besides Harrington hasn't shown me jack squat in his time here. I know he's young and has so much potential but so did a lot of guys that never panned out despite endless hype.

What has he shown you?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
And what do you think we will give him?

World class ****-posting. I almost got angry just reading the thread title. I applaud the effort.

I say 4 years x 3 million because Mario built the CEC on an Indian burial ground covered in broken mirrors after he ran underneath a ladder to dodge an SPCA van full of black cats driving right past him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe we were watching two different players in the short playoff run last month.

The guy wearing 44 was hands down our best defenseman and Harrington fetches more in a trade, because of the aforementioned 29 years old thing.

Besides Harrington hasn't shown me jack squat in his time here. I know he's young and has so much potential but so did a lot of guys that never panned out despite endless hype.

What has he shown you?

Keeping Chorney over Harrington because of 5 games is insane. It's decisions like that that'll ruin a franchise. Chorney is a career AHLer.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
He has proven he could be a capable defenseman in the NHL, honestly, when we traded him to Anaheim, they won the deal because he ended up being a gem, which could justify the high price.

I hope so, but I don't see that happening unless we have a spare Cam Fowler to hold his hand. It looks more and more like mgmt bought into the "Lovejoy carries Fowler" narrative in the same way they thought Scuds carried Despres. Now the Pens are stuck w/ 2 D that need talented babysitters.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Well considering that most of this board considers him to be a 6/7D, I suspect that you'll see numbers around the 500k mark.

Realistically I see someone offering him 1.5-2m depending on how well this season goes. I just hope it's not us.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
World class ****-posting. I almost got angry just reading the thread title. I applaud the effort.

I say 4 years x 3 million because Mario built the CEC on an Indian burial ground covered in broken mirrors after he ran underneath a ladder to dodge an SPCA van full of black cats driving right past him.

After reading the thread title, I answered out loud, in a Jim Mora 'playoffs?' voice................. "next contract?".

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Keeping Chorney over Harrington because of 5 games is insane. It's decisions like that that'll ruin a franchise. Chorney is a career AHLer.

Still waiting to hear why Harrington isn't going to be another Carl Sneep.

Again, what has he shown you? I've seen nothing special so far.

That said, what I think means very little but I will say again that I would try to move Harrington, perhaps in an effort to get a first round pick back, which seems to be all the rage right now. Keeping Chorney isn't a long term solution and in my opinion Harrington is a maybe too so at least trade the one that gets you more back.

See where I'm going with this?

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Harrington busting would be a huge blow. He was considered a surefire top pair dman.

Meh...we've got plenty of defensive depth, if he busts. Not saying it's going to happen but if it does we'll still have guys to turn to.

Hoping that's not the case but so far he's looked lost at the highest level.

Still young though...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Still waiting to hear why Harrington isn't going to be another Carl Sneep.

Again, what has he shown you? I've seen nothing special so far.

That said, what I think means very little but I will say again that I would try to move Harrington, perhaps in an effort to get a first round pick back, which seems to be all the rage right now. Keeping Chorney isn't a long term solution and in my opinion Harrington is a maybe too so at least trade the one that gets you more back.

See where I'm going with this?

Because Harrington distinguished himself against the very best of his peers, just finished his 1st year of pro hockey at an age when Sneep just finished his 3rd of 4 years at college, and Harrington fared much better than his numbers indicated in his limited NHL call-up, which included a stint when he was the best partner Letang had this year.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Because Harrington distinguished himself against the very best of his peers, just finished his 1st year of pro hockey at an age when Sneep just finished his 3rd of 4 years at college, and Harrington fared much better than his numbers indicated in his limited NHL call-up, which included a stint when he was the best partner Letang had this year.

The bolded did not happen, unless there are two other players named Harrington and Letang in the national hockey league.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad