Speculation: What should the Sens do with the 22nd overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyroyal12

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
With all the hype being around our 4th overall selection, I’m interested to see what everyone thinks Dorian should do with the 22nd overall pick. My personal opinion would be if we were able to trade it for 2 second rounders, I would pull the trigger. We don’t have a second round pick this year and it seems like the players in the 18-45 range are pretty similar so if we could scoop up two prospects instead of one I think it would be a good decision for the franchise going forward. Here are the trades involving just draft picks in the last 2 drafts from the 1st and 2nd round:

PHI:
For
WPG

CHI:
For
DAL

PHI:
For
ARZ:

STL:
For
WSH:

It is hard to judge because none of these trades have a team trading a first rounder for two second rounders but here are two possible trades I would make if I were Dorion:

OTT:
For
NYI:

Or if the Wings really want a player available at 22,

OTT:
For
DET:

Let me know what you guys would do if you were in Dorian’s shoes. If we do stick with pick #22 who would you pick? My pick would be K’Andre Miller on Defense or one of Dominik Bokk, Jonatan Berggren, Ty Dellandrea, Serron Noel and Martin Kaut for forwards.

Edit- Format

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Whatever they think is the best course of action:

1. Use to trade up for a guy they love.
2. Use to select a guy they have their eyes on
3. Trade back for multiple picks if they like a couple of guys (like X. Bernard/Henman, etc) that could be had with extra picks in the 3rd/4th.

I wouldn't use it in a package for a roster player right now with the direction the team seems to be going.

Reactions: topshelf15

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
It depends if Zadina is available. If he is, I'd take him and explore moving the 22nd and other pieces in order to get a first next year.

If he's gone, then I give Colorado the 4th this year, and just use the 22nd as our first. Or maybe depending on where Hoffman goes, see if we can do a package deal and move up.

There's lots of moving parts with this. Thankfully we have a huge front office that should be able to take care of it.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I’m guessing we don’t trade 22 outright, I really don’t know what the value of a pick like that is. You could get a decent player I guess, but I think I’d rather keep it or move back to get a late first plus a second, or two seconds.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I like the options that should be available. Miller looks really interesting. Oloffsson, Lundestrom, a few others.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I wonder who we get could for 22.

Last year I believe Minnesota offered Scandella to the Habs for their mid-20's pick fwiw. I know we won't get a superstar, but someone who could come in and contribute right away so we dont end up giving colorado a lottery pick wouldn't be nice.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Last year I believe Minnesota offered Scandella to the Habs for their mid-20's pick fwiw. I know we won't get a superstar, but someone who could come in and contribute right away so we dont end up giving colorado a lottery pick wouldn't be nice.

I’d be open to to it if we had a second or third. Only one pick until round 4 isn’t great. Unless we can add some more picks before or on draft day.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I’d be open to to it if we had a second or third. Only one pick until round 4 isn’t great. Unless we can add some more picks before or on draft day.

Yeah, scouts definitely wouldn't be thrilled about only 1 pick in the first 4 rounds rounds. Hopefully we can recoup some beforehand.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anyone of: Kaut/Berggren/Noel/Dellandrea/Olofsson/Sandin would be fine with me.

Would also be fine if we were to trade back to the end of the 1st and pick up a 2nd round pick to replace the one we idiotically sold to the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad