What she order?

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
yes g0 ahead

also feel free to ask me any question at any time i would not be bothered you are a good man

Someone I know irl called homosexuality a mental disorder. Do you agree or disagree? And what counter arguments would you make if someone had a differing opinion on that topic.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Someone I know irl called homosexuality a mental disorder. Do you agree or disagree? And what counter arguments would you make if someone had a differing opinion on that topic.

i would strongly disagree with this statement for a variety of reasons, here are just a few reasons why:

• attraction and/or sexual experiences with members of the same "sex" has been documented throughout human history and in the animal kingdom as well, making it an act that is far from abnormal
  • research into brain function regarding sexual attraction, let alone sex and gender, is extremely limited when comparing "academic" knowledge to what we are able to observe in the real world
  • some, including myself, argue that sexuality is not binary or even trinary, but instead is on a spectrum, or perhaps more accurately, several spectrums (for instance i know lounge member zaide, as well as famous politician ron paul, both identify as asexual)
  • for a behavior/trait to qualify as a mental disorder, it must have a negative impact on the life of those persons exhibiting this behavior/trait. the only known negative impacts from homosexual behavior are social, not biological. negative feelings toward homosexual behavior are relatively recent in the scale of human life on earth, so perhaps societal feelings toward this behavior/trait should change rather than others trying to change or "fix" this behavior/trait.

i apologize if these strings of logic are not succinct, too general, or if my reasoning is difficult to understand due to grammar and structure, i enjoy typing in a stream of consciousness style when not writing academically or professionally.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
i would strongly disagree with this statement for a variety of reasons, here are just a few reasons why:

• attraction and/or sexual experiences with members of the same "sex" has been documented throughout human history and in the animal kingdom as well, making it an act that is far from abnormal
  • research into brain function regarding sexual attraction, let alone sex and gender, is extremely limited when comparing "academic" knowledge to what we are able to observe in the real world
  • some, including myself, argue that sexuality is not binary or even trinary, but instead is on a spectrum, or perhaps more accurately, several spectrums (for instance i know lounge member zaide, as well as famous politician ron paul, both identify as asexual)
  • for a behavior/trait to qualify as a mental disorder, it must have a negative impact on the life of those persons exhibiting this behavior/trait. the only known negative impacts from homosexual behavior are social, not biological. negative feelings toward homosexual behavior are relatively recent in the scale of human life on earth, so perhaps societal feelings toward this behavior/trait should change rather than others trying to change or "fix" this behavior/trait.

i apologize if these strings of logic are not succinct, too general, or if my reasoning is difficult to understand due to grammar and structure, i enjoy typing in a stream of consciousness style when not writing academically or professionally.

I agree with all 4 points, and I think it was well written. Thanks for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad