Player Discussion What roster changes ideas for next year- II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Basically the only kind of deal I do for OEL. If they retain 2m they can still basically pay us Garland to take the contract. Otherwise no interest.

Perfection
Hall-Krech-Garland
XXX-Coyle-Smith
XXX-Freddy-Lazar

Gryz-Mac
OEL-Carlo
Lauzy/Zboril/Cliffy/Vaak/XXX?

Don't hate it. His contract is still kinda garbage but not terrible. And maybe pairing with Carlo would be good for him.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Coyotes would hang up on the phone and the gm will sent to where the rattlesnake and cactus live. No way they do that.
Who would accept that contract? At this point no NHL team assumes that risk without compensation. It’s just the way the league is now. If you think there is an NHL team ok with parting with quality assets for an 8.5m contract you are wrong. Cap space is almost as valuable as talent.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Coyotes would hang up on the phone and the gm will sent to where the rattlesnake and cactus live. No way they do that.

Agreed, but, I do think OEL + Garland to Boston for something isn't crazy.

But, there will at least be one non-DeBrusk piece that the Bruins have to send that will hurt (1st, Studnicka, etc)

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Who would accept that contract? At this point no NHL team assumes that risk without compensation. It’s just the way the league is now. If you think there is an NHL team ok with parting with quality assets for an 8.5m contract you are wrong. Cap space is almost as valuable as talent.
I get it but he's only 29 and a talent plus garland a young star. They aren't dumping . Move along or pay up something that makes sense for both teams.

Reactions: wintersej

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
seth jones + garland is what i would want.
expendable to acquire above in no particular order : coyle, debrusk, wagner, ritchie, zboril, studnicka.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If they trade him there are only a few teams that can take him without getting contracts back and that defeats the rebuild

I podcast I listened to yesterday said Ducks in full rebuild but could still try and resign Lindholm and Manson

If it’s true the Ducks would want Vaakanainen (who Providence personnel said never looked better last handful of games) and Beacher that’s step for a UFA after next season and I guy that missed 60% of the season due to injury
Yes please all day and absolutely

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How could CLB/AZ say no to all that?

They could field an elite 5th line :)

I do wonder on Coyle at the moment, does his awful season plus his huge cap hit make him a negative in a trade or is he someone who could still add value. Not sure Boston can even afford to give him up since they would need to replace him

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
They could field an elite 5th line :)

I do wonder on Coyle at the moment, does his awful season plus his huge cap hit make him a negative in a trade or is he someone who could still add value. Not sure Boston can even afford to give him up since they would need to replace him

I'd rather hold on to coyle and let him play through whatever is holding him back (probably Ritchie and Debrusk) rather than paying another team to take him.

I try to imagine if I was an NHL gm there's no way id want to tie up that much cap for that long with hopes that he returns to form.

I don't think Donny's fielding many calls on him

Reactions: inactive user

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
So how much do we expect OEL to rebound here, in this system, with less of a burden on his shoulders? What are the odds of that being successful?

Could he be the #2 LHD, which happens to be what we lack?

If Carlo and Griz are fairly cost controlled and Charlie gets a bump closer to 10, can the Bruins Ice a top4 D that costs 26m?

Not advocating for it but getting him for say Moore and Zboril doesn’t seem horrible especially during a time we lack high end talent.

The concept of adding Garland at the same time makes this more appealing and if the 1st is off the table what is Zona asking for as the add?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Because of their lack of assets, I wonder if their best tool might be their cap space.
Yes, that or maybe killing two birds with one -stone and Target Arizona.

The whole world knows OEL wants to come to Boston and he has a bad contract but the yotes have yet to respond to Garlands camp either. I for one Think OEL is still atop 4 NHL defenseman and would look great In Bruin Uni.

Get the coyotes to move Garland as well in the deal and the Bruins have their top 4 defenseman and their 2nd line RW.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's actually 2/3's of the picks that Donny was trying to deal to get to the Hanifin pick. Should also throw in ZS just to make it sync up.

Sad part is if he traded the 3 picks for Hanifin 6 years ago, we'd still have a superlong thread complaining about the 2015 draft, because Hanifin is a decent player but really nothing special at all

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Sad part is if he traded the 3 picks for Hanifin 6 years ago, we'd still have a superlong thread complaining about the 2015 draft, because Hanifin is a decent player but really nothing special at all
It’s between him and Miles Wood for most overrated player on these boards

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'd rather hold on to coyle and let him play through whatever is holding him back (probably Ritchie and Debrusk) rather than paying another team to take him.

I try to imagine if I was an NHL gm there's no way id want to tie up that much cap for that long with hopes that he returns to form.

I don't think Donny's fielding many calls on him

Janmark-Coyle-Smith would be a fantastic 3rd line.....issue is you would need to sign Hall AND a top 6 RW. I would check w Palmieri's camp and see what it would take.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It’s between him and Miles Wood for most overrated player on these boards

Yet every player ever offered by Bruins fans here for Wood has flamed out big time..

Wood has 34 EV strength goals the past three seasons....Taylor Hall has 30, with Wood getting about 44% of his starts in the OZ while the immortal Taylor Hall gets 70%....with way better players.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I watched OEL, Keller & Garland only a couple of times and thought he looked ‘meh’ definitely not the guy from 3 or 4 years ago.

Those that want him can you tell me what his game looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad