What prospect will Fletch recall from the AHL first?

What prospect will Fletch recall first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Hart isn't getting traded or called up. Holmgren's comments on the matter shows that he likely saw eye to eye on that. NAK looked good and showed he should have been in the NHL. There's far too much loyalty in the NHL, i.e. Simmonds should be gone.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I have always wanted to see Vecchione get NHL time. He was a highly touted prospect, with an NCAA pedigree similar, and in some cases superior, to our best NCAA prospects. His future with the Flyers came to a screeching halt when Nolan Patrick fell into our laps, and the 2c spot was welded to him, through thick and thin (Patrick is the clear example of where Hakstol, and the whole organisation, has pushed all their chips in on a young player, Patrick has never been benched, never had real reduced ice time, and I hope it works out).

As with all the candidates...it is probably injuries plus trades that will dictate the winner. In absence of any new news...I gotta think Lyon is the winner, G position is most in need of help. And maybe the most unlikely position to get a trade upgrade for.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have always wanted to see Vecchione get NHL time. He was a highly touted prospect, with an NCAA pedigree similar, and in some cases superior, to our best NCAA prospects.

xCFFMat.png

:sarcasm:

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto

Hmm. Not sure where that list came from, but I don't think I have ever seen Vecchione listed in a Top10FlyerProspect list ever. And certainly not ahead of Allison. Guess I need to expand my horizons.

Reminder to all. Vecchs is a Hobey Baker finalist, with an outstanding NCAA career, pursued by many NHL teams upon graduation, and not too shabby in the AHL either. What's the hold-up? As I said above, Nolan screwed his chances, but leverage him somehow!

upload_2018-12-4_19-24-39.png

if anything, this should remind us all of Hexy's greatest sin...falling in love with too many great prospects instead of using them as chips, somehow. Notice Morin is not on the above list at all (nor Vorobyev!), despite his second coming status at times. Flyers are deeeep in prospects, more depth in fact there than anywhere else, which is maybe not so great for a professional team, and certainly not after years of professional mediocrity but prospect greatness.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MV simply didn't show enough last year, he's another skill guy who isn't as fast as advertised, so he needs polish to succeed.
He's scoring at a higher ES rate this season
last year 65g 12-15 27
this year 21g 4-7 11
I think he's a bit like Weal, with enough AHL time he may take his game to a NHL level, but I don't see him as more than a bottom six guy.
And like Weal, he's a bit overaged, he'll be 26 in February.
And that makes his college numbers suspect, he turned 21 February of his freshman year.
Compare to say Laczynski and Allison who were 19 year old freshmen.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have always wanted to see Vecchione get NHL time. He was a highly touted prospect, with an NCAA pedigree similar, and in some cases superior, to our best NCAA prospects. His future with the Flyers came to a screeching halt when Nolan Patrick fell into our laps, and the 2c spot was welded to him, through thick and thin (Patrick is the clear example of where Hakstol, and the whole organisation, has pushed all their chips in on a young player, Patrick has never been benched, never had real reduced ice time, and I hope it works out).

As with all the candidates...it is probably injuries plus trades that will dictate the winner. In absence of any new news...I gotta think Lyon is the winner, G position is most in need of help. And maybe the most unlikely position to get a trade upgrade for.
No not at all . If you look into it and know anything about the NCAA you would not say that . First Vec played in a weaker conference 2nd he was 24 already and was playing with line mates same age . Being able to put up good numbers in stronger conferences at younger ages is way more telling of possible product . He is pretty well a finished product by the time he got to Philly . Vec is okay but his upside has already been reached he is a couple months off of being 26 .

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
MV simply didn't show enough last year, he's another skill guy who isn't as fast as advertised, so he needs polish to succeed.
He's scoring at a higher ES rate this season
last year 65g 12-15 27
this year 21g 4-7 11
I think he's a bit like Weal, with enough AHL time he may take his game to a NHL level, but I don't see him as more than a bottom six guy.
And like Weal, he's a bit overaged, he'll be 26 in February.
And that makes his college numbers suspect, he turned 21 February of his freshman year.
Compare to say Laczynski and Allison who were 19 year old freshmen.
I think i have harped on this before but Laczynski and Allison are the same birth year but are not the same school year or the same draft year . College wise entry in US
Allison 18
Laczynski 19
Vec 20
and like stated above Union plays in the ECAC which is a long way off of the BIG 10 or NCHC

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vecchione is two months younger than Sean Couturier who's already played 500+games, and two months older than Ghost who has already played 200+.

Maybe he's a real late bloomer who can be an NHL player, but at this point it's not likely.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vecchione is two months younger than Sean Couturier who's already played 500+games, and two months older than Ghost who has already played 200+.

Maybe he's a real late bloomer who can be an NHL player, but at this point it's not likely.

Winning a Calder Cup championship would be a nice accomplishment for an undrafted, undersized player. Hope he gets one.

Reactions: VladDrag

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Love Varone as a 28 year old veteran of the Phantoms, is a fantastic AHLer. Is a NHL player? I guess this is an experiment that the Flyers will explore. I think he will be 3rd line center. Super nice guy and actually knows how to play an offensive and defensive game. It is his speed that is my only concern. He is faster than Lethera......;-))

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he's probably as fast as Weal, who isn't exactly a straight line burner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad