What players in the upcoming draft are the most physical?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not sure if he's gonna be a volume hitter in a pro league but Rodwin Dionicio hits like a truck. His hits are brutal, sometimes over the top. Has a suspension history and also quite a few fights in the OHL. Overager but most certainly gonna get drafted this year.

Reactions: Muffinalt

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
There are a ton of guys that should incorporate more physicality into their game. Here are a few: Honzek, Barlow, Nelson, and But. If these players can learn to play with more of an edge, it could really benefit them.

As for players that play with physicality:

Ryan Leonard plays a hard game and he is a very good athlete. Great combination of skill, power and grit.

Charlie Stramel has always been known for his physical play. Stramel is a great skater and plays a real grinding/two-way style of game.

Adam Fantilli isn’t know necessarily for his physicality but he definitely incorporates it into his game. Fantilli has an edge to his game and is willing to throw the body.

Ethan Gauthier is another player that plays with some grit. He’s not the biggest guy but he isn’t afraid to be physical. I think it’s an underrated element of his game.

Kalan Lind’s path to the NHL will involve utilizing his physicality. He hits, he fights, and he goes to the hard areas. He knows his role.

Koehn Ziemmer can do it all. He’s a talent player and he absolutely has an edge to his game. He can throw some solid hits.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Surprised no one noticed Calum Ritchie.
I’m with this guy. Not a hit machine, but he’s a beast along the boards and around the net. Also can drop the gloves. And with his surprisingly soft hands and great vision he’s absolutely legitimate candidate to be a top 10 pick

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I’m with this guy. Not a hit machine, but he’s a beast along the boards and around the net. Also can drop the gloves. And with his surprisingly soft hands and great vision he’s absolutely legitimate candidate to be a top 10 pick
He could be the steal of the draft. I’m glad you brought him up in this thread. He’s a very well rounded player with some of the best vision in this draft.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Ritchie has dropped the gloves exactly once in his OHL career, against another skill player. I cant speak for @Coach Reggie Dunlop but pretty sure Ritchie isnt the type of player hes interested in hearing about.

Guys like Lind and Stramel were the 2 I thought of, with the wings have 3 second rounders I wouldnt be surprised if they take one of them. Ryan Leonard would be the guy to look at with the first pick
Lind and Danielson the main 2 from the whl, most of the western boys aren't afraid of the physical play as usual though.

I dont know a lot about Danielson, watched him play once and didnt really notice anything overly physical. You think hes pretty physical/hard to play against, or more hes hard to play against because hes so good defensively? I've read Gourde as a comparable, you think thats accurate?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Ritchie has dropped the gloves exactly once in his OHL career, against another skill player. I cant speak for @Coach Reggie Dunlop but pretty sure Ritchie isnt the type of player hes interested in hearing about.

Guys like Lind and Stramel were the 2 I thought of, with the wings have 3 second rounders I wouldnt be surprised if they take one of them. Ryan Leonard would be the guy to look at with the first pick

I dont know a lot about Danielson, watched him play once and didnt really notice anything overly physical. You think hes pretty physical/hard to play against, or more hes hard to play against because hes so good defensively? I've read Gourde as a comparable, you think thats accurate?
He's not on Linds level of pest but Danielson likes to throw the weight around also and can be a guy who gets under your skin in multiple ways. I've always said Schenn/Stone mix and fitting as they're both former Wheaties also. Danielson will do whatever is needed/asked of him, born leader and future Captain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad