What player position will your team select?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I want to get an idea of what position -- forward, defense, goalie -- you think your favourite team will select in the first round. If your team has more than one first rounder (i.e. OTT, EDM) please mention what position you think they will look for with each pick.

I know most teams will go for BPA, but if all things are equal, they may lean towards one position over another. Also, please feel free to mention a couple of realistic names you think they may target with that pick (i.e. EDM @ 19 -- Defense -- Siemens/Morrow/Connor Murphy).

Thanks! :yo:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Avs

#2 - FW - Huberdeau, then Landeskog
#11 - D - Siemens or Oleksiak or Klefbom

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Edmonton:
#1: Centre, RNH
#19: BPA with size, although preference could be to choose defense, such as Oleksiak, Klefbom or Morrow. Would not be shocked to see them take another centre like Scheifele or McNeill if they drop.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
Avs

#2 - FW - Huberdeau, then Landeskog
#11 - D - Siemens or Oleksiak or Klefbom

I'll agree with the players, but at #2, I would say Landeskog, then Huberdeau. I am not sure why, but the minimal we have seen from the scouts, it looks like Lando is favored a wee bit more. Fingers crossed for Siemens at #11.

But RS, I bet you have a better insight into these prospects than I do!

And no matter what happens, the Avs will be walking away with a D-man and a forward. The order in which they come, who knows. I cannot wait until Friday!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'll agree with the players, but at #2, I would say Landeskog, then Huberdeau. I am not sure why, but the minimal we have seen from the scouts, it looks like Lando is favored a wee bit more. Fingers crossed for Siemens at #11.

But RS, I bet you have a better insight into these prospects than I do!

And no matter what happens, the Avs will be walking away with a D-man and a forward. The order in which they come, who knows. I cannot wait until Friday!

I actually misread it and thought it was what prospects we WANT them to take.

I agree that they will take Lando.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Kings will want to see if they can get a few wingers out of the draft. We're pretty good at center and D right now as well as very good at goalie although I think Dean will keep the cabinet full and draft another goalie at some point in the draft.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
The nucks I think will take a forward, preferably a winger, as they are deep at centre, and I think should take one, a player like Jaskin would do me fine, any player who is a bigger power or gritty type with preferably at least 2nd line skill potential, I think if you are drafting in the 1st round to not take a D man unless they will be in the NHL very soon, and to not take a goalie, those positions for me come later.

Analyzer*

Midget.

Honestly, not sure.

Forward depth

Leblanc, Palushaj, Avitsin, Kristo, Bournival basically 3, or 4 more players like Kristo and Bournival, Gallagher, Dumont. Nothing impressive, but not the worst.

Defense depth

Diaz, Tinordi, Nash, Bennet, Ellis.

Once again, not the worst, but no where near the best.

Goaltending:

Robert Mayer... Uhh.... Yeah...

No goaltender in this draft is worth taking at 17th. Whomever Montréal lands will be another player that just makes our prospect pool look nice, but nothing great. My guess is it'll be on d. I'll say a surprise pick and that it's Klefbom

Though, probably go TJ Miller, which is a nice pick imo.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Midget.

Honestly, not sure.

Forward depth

Leblanc, Palushaj, Avitsin, Kristo, Bournival basically 3, or 4 more players like Kristo and Bournival, Gallagher, Dumont. Nothing impressive, but not the worst.

Defense depth

Diaz, Tinordi, Nash, Bennet, Ellis.

Once again, not the worst, but no where near the best.

Goaltending:

Robert Mayer... Uhh.... Yeah...

No goaltender in this draft is worth taking at 17th. Whomever Montréal lands will be another player that just makes our prospect pool look nice, but nothing great. My guess is it'll be on d. I'll say a surprise pick and that it's Klefbom

Though, probably go TJ Miller, which is a nice pick imo.

Carey Price is really young and you guys don't really need an elite goaltending prospect

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Oilers

#1 - Nugent-Hopkins
#19 - Siemens, Beaulieu, Klefbom, Oleksiak, McNeill, Scheifele, Miller, Morrow

Could go either way at 19.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad