What player of 2009 / 2012 do you miss most?

tylerseguin

Jun 6, 2016
Italia
1 - Roberto Luongo - the most exciting player I've seen in Canucks' uniform.

2 - Sami Salo - He seems to be a nice guy off the ice and was a beast on the ice. Love his one timer.

3 - Raffi Torres - He was an adrenalinic player.

Honorable mention: Kevin Bieksa, Willie Mitchell, Lapierre, Schneider and obviusly Alex Burrows v. 2011.

Puck Ingrate

Aug 18, 2011
MSP / YVR
For me, 2010-11 pre-injury Manny Malhotra was the epitome of a two-way, 3rd line shutdown centre. He played his role to perfection that year, and this goal in particular is the moment when I started seriously believing that the 10-11 Canucks team had a legit shot at a Cup.

Playoff memories aside, the absolute dominance of that Torres-Malhotra-Hansen shutdown line was easily my favorite part of that season.

Last edited:

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
There were a lot of very good players on those teams that I would love to have back, but I really liked the way Ehrhoff transformed the team from defensive with some skill, to a very fast dynamic offensive team. Even just after the cup run in 2012 the team was still very good, but they were missing that extra bit of speed and skill from the backend to make them as fearsome.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man it's tough between Kesler/Schneider/Luongo/Salo/Bieksa

On the ice I definitely loved Kesler the most. But all-around I'd say Schneider. Loved his impressions of teammates and obviously he's a stud goalie.

Also miss AV, mainly because of the Wellwood comments and Bieksa/Fiddler thing. And that's he's not WD.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
I honestly feel if we still had Cory HFNucks would be talking about the upcoming playoff run.

Interesting take.

Remember that we would most likely not have Horvat in this case and I see us being a similar team talent-wise to the Devils in that case. Could be argued that we squeak out the Wild for the last wild card spot if we had Schneider instead of Horvat.

We also wouldn't have Miller either though, freeing up cap space.... hmm..... too many variables.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I miss the entire 2010-11 team. Even Ballard. His play stank but nothing like a good solid hip check to get you out of your seat.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I miss the entire 2010-11 team. Even Ballard. His play stank but nothing like a good solid hip check to get you out of your seat.

Also, at least Ballard was a great teammate through it all. Dude was a high end player on his previous teams, and obviously had a ton of pride.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Prime Henrik
Prime Daniel

those two will cover up all manners of evil.

Salo
Erhoff

with those two circa 2011-12, I'm sure even 2017 Markstrom would be in Vezina talks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad