What place do the Canucks finish in the Western Conference in the 2023-24 Season?

What place do the Canucks finish in the Western Conference in the 2023-24 Season?

• 1st

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • 2nd

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 3rd

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 4th

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • 6th

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • 7th

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • 8th

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • 9th

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • 10th

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • 11th

• 12th

• 13th

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16th

• Total voters

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
This is the thread to get your predictions in. I have intentionally set out each place they could finish in rather than a range so people can't sit on the fence. Be bold, and don't worry, we are not a judgmental group at all here.

*You don't need to post any disclaimers about why your pick may be way off or why you actually think they will finish in a particular range rather than place because no one cares. You can; however, provide commentary on why you have selected a certain place.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I picked 9th because that would be the most Canuck-like outcome.

Reactions: DFAC

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Clearly a 'bubble' team. Even Rutherford admits that just about 'everything has to go right' for the Canucks to be a playoff team.

So, since injuries are almost impossible to avoid, the Canuck depth will be tested once again. So 10th seems like a reasonable projection.

As an aside, can't find a single NHL site actually predicting the Canucks to make the playoffs.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Clearly a 'bubble' team. Even Rutherford admits that just about 'everything has to go right' for the Canucks to be a playoff team.

So, since injuries are almost impossible to avoid, the Canuck depth will be tested once again. So 10th seems like a reasonable projection.

As an aside, can't find a single NHL site actually predicting the Canucks to make the playoffs.
Some media personality and podcast hosts do but that’s it

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
8th place.

Best case scenario is 6th - I have us behind Colorado, Vegas, Dallas, Edmonton, and Los Angeles.

Good chance we will be close with teams like Calgary, Minnesota, Seattle, Winnipeg, Nashville, and St. Louis. My estimate is two of these teams finish above us.

If Cooley and Hayton have impressive seasons, Arizona could be a dark horse team that disrupts my predictions.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
8th. I predict they'll squeak in. Whether that's as 3rd in the division or the last wildcard spot, I don't know.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
There's a clear top 6 and a bottom 4 then a middle 6. I think the Canucks are probably the 5th best of that middle 6... but my guess is 10th in the West, 1 point up from last year on improved PK.

There's a clear top 6 and a bottom 4 then a middle 6. I think the Canucks are probably the 5th best of that middle 6... but my guess is 10th in the West, 1 point up from last year on improved PK.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I chose 7th.

The defensive depth is still the biggest concern but with a healthier system to play behind it will feel like we are a little more insulated than in year's past. I think the talent on our PP will win us a lot of 2-1 games; and the talent of Demko will win us a lot of 3-2 games...or mix abd match those numbers to your liking but point being we have the pieces and system to get by.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We shall see.

Come out the gate hungrier and better than last season. Starting off 0-5-2 brought whole morale down and the coaching staff didnt know wtf to do.

Here’s hoping for a better season.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
11th. i think tocchet is going to wear out his welcome fast with this group and i think their lack of talent up front and their lack of depth on the blue line is going to sink them

i do think the 5th to 13th spots in the west are going to be pretty volatile though. only really colorado, vegas, edmonton and dallas have the playoffs on lock and only san jose, anaheim and chicago have no hope. everyone else could end up in any order really

Reactions: vancityluongo

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I think we will improve two spots from our last years result.

Calgary will bounce back and steal the last Playoff spot from us and the Jets will tank hard this year.

Leaving us 9th. I think minnesota has a higher base line, the Kings are legit, dallas just has us matched or beat at every position...

It comes down to us vs Seattle. So that should be a fun story. I think their depth and style of play is less luck dependant (ironic that they were one of the more lucky teams in the league last year).

We were 19th in 5on5 scoring last season and I've yet to see anything that leads me to believe we got any better at that.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I chose 7th, I think a group of 4/5 teams will battle it out for the last couple spots and they will slide in this year.

It Demko, Pettersson or Hughes gets hurt. My vote is it will be ugly…. Again.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I have no idea .Anything can happen.I still think this team is heading in the right direction,but not there yet.
I agree - my prediction is that they will fight for a wildcard spot again. Whether they make it or not is a coin flip. Like everyone is saying, everything needs to go right.

They need one more off season to turn this ship around. It’s definitely going in the right direction and there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i've been optimistic for years and always frustrated, so i voted 13th. hopefully i am unlucky and the team comes in a lot higher.

Binder

Nov 7, 2011
Minnesota is a 69 million dollar club this season, they aren't making the playoffs, not only that, they are 1 long term injury away(kaprizov,boldy), from being a lottery team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad