OT: What other New York teams do you follow?

What teams do you follow?

• Giants

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Jets

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Mets

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Yankees

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Knicks

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Nets

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • NYFC

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Red Bulls

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't follow any other New York Teams

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • I'm an old timer and I follow the Dodgers/Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isles

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Devils

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Rangers

Votes: 42 76.4%

• Total voters

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i went giants and rangers. i used to be a yankee fan and id still rather they won then lost, but at the end of the day i dont particularly care. i follow nycfc, but no where near the level of the giants and rangers.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Rangers/Yanks/Giants.

I suppose Knicks for NBA but I don’t follow as much.

As for the rest of the teams on the list I go to Isles/Devils games a good amount and follow the Mets & Jets casually

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Mets/Yanks/Knicks

The other teams are poop (Nets/Devils/Isles)/I'm not interested in that sport at all(soccer/football)

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Rangers, Yankees, Jets. Threw the Knicks a vote but I rarely watch them anymore. If they turn it around I’ll pay more attention.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR, NYY and kinda oddly
i follow the Knicks news but rarely watch;
watch parts of almost every Jets games, but don't really follow between games or off-field

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I only follow hockey. But if I had to pick a favorite for each sport I guess I would choose the New York teams as there’s a connection to the Rangers and most my fellow Ranger fans root for them too.

Reactions: LokiDog

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
Only the Rangers. I live in Wisconsin and my dad got me into them when I was 5. He liked them as he went to games when he lived in NJ in the late 60s. I watch the Cubs for baseball as somehow growing up in the 80s and 90s, it was easier to watch the Cubs in Wisconsin on WGN than the Brewers. I don't care about basketball at all. I like the Chiefs because I played as them on Tecmo Super Bowl for NES due to Okoye.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Giants and Red Bulls. Cannot get into basketball. Baseball is the unemployed man's sport, I'd have to be on my couch stoned 24/7 to watch and be entertained for 160+ games a year.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m closer to having a second favorite NHL team than I am to giving a shit about any other sport.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
At this point, I still try and watch every Ranger game. That's generally impossible, but I'm still up around 75 regular season games and all the playoffs.

The Yankees are probably the next followed team, but it gets later and later into June by the time I start really following them, and now, MLB is getting harder and harder to watch and enjoy. I certainly don't watch as much as I did even 10 years ago. My daughter doesn't really like baseball outside of a few players, so even going down to Atlanta a few times a season to see a game live is out.

The Giants would be next, but I only watch the Giants. The NFL sickens me. Outside of the playoffs, I really don't care about the NFL. DirecTV gave me Sunday Ticket for free the last two seasons. I only watched the Giants. With the changes in broadcast partners, who knows what my options are for that, so the NFL may fall even farther behind.

I follow the Knicks casually. Pre-COVID we'd go to a Knicks-Hornets game here in Charlotte occasionally, but it's been years since we did that. I do enjoy when the NBA channel picks up a MSG broadcast, but not enough to buy the NBA package like I do with the NHL.

Honestly, my second favorite professional sports team now might be Liverpool FC.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Giants, Knicks, Rangers, Yankees all since the 80's with the Rangers starting with their cup run in 94.

-Yankees this is the most balanced team theyve had in quite a while. More contact hitters in the line up (vs a bunch of swing and miss guys of the last ten years though it could still be a bit better in this area). And the Starting Pitching is incredibly deep.

-Giants. 4 main things to varying degrees have derailed them since 2011: horrific coaching, bad systems on both sides of the ball, high level of injuries, and absolute mismanagement of the OL. I think because these things have been so bad especially the last 4 years we truly have not been able to get a read on what Daniel Jones can do. I am hopeful this year that all changes.

-Knicks. In basketball star power wins championships and the Knicks simply dont have it. However if they can trade Randle and maybe finally land a high upside PG they may be on the upswing. I do like the young talent on the Roster and think guys like Toppin, McBride and Grimes can be good players in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad