What one (realistic) player do YOU want to see in Seattle?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And he would free up a lot of cap space for your Flames....:naughty:
Naw, he's worth every penny, no UFA comes close, without him the Flames defense is absolutely f***ed. It'll force them to overpay for a mediocre UFA or rush Valimaki into a role he's not ready for. It's a shitty situation for Calgary, they have to protect the younger defensemen in Hanifin and Andersson as they are both so damn promising. So it comes down to Gio or Tanev, but Tanev had such a great year and was the Flames best defenseman last year and when you factor in age, they need to protect him. But regardless, losing one of those 2 cripples their defense. The Flames fan in me actually thinks the Flames should just not sign another forward that meets exposure requirements so they have to expose Backlund. I think he is more replaceable than Giordano and saves the Flames money for 3 years, not just 1.

Reactions: kraken

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Naw, he's worth every penny, no UFA comes close, without him the Flames defense is absolutely f***ed. It'll force them to overpay for a mediocre UFA or rush Valimaki into a role he's not ready for. It's a shitty situation for Calgary, they have to protect the younger defensemen in Hanifin and Andersson as they are both so damn promising. So it comes down to Gio or Tanev, but Tanev had such a great year and was the Flames best defenseman last year and when you factor in age, they need to protect him. But regardless, losing one of those 2 cripples their defense. The Flames fan in me actually thinks the Flames should just not sign another forward that meets exposure requirements so they have to expose Backlund. I think he is more replaceable than Giordano and saves the Flames money for 3 years, not just 1.

I think/hope we'll take Kylington or Tanev; whichever is exposed...thoughts?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
From Calgary, I personally hope that they protect Gio and Backlund is exposed. Solid vet who can 2/3C. That or we take a guy like Kylington, but it’s because Calgary offers a sweetener to leave Gio alone.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
i really hope they acquire a big name guy that is the face of the franchise... those types are HUGE for jersey sales and all that

I wanna see SEA come out of nowhere and get something done

We've been selling merchandise and season tickets(60,000 on the wait list) like crazy without even having a player.

I doubt we'll have to bring in a "huge name" to sell jerseys and all that...;)

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Hyman if the price and term are palatable.
He’s a great example of how a less skilled player can have such a positive impact.
Low maintenance, great role model and it appears some leadership qualities as well.
Maybe Hyman like but no way going to Seattle. The leafs will find a way to sign him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think/hope we'll take Kylington or Tanev; whichever is exposed...thoughts?
I just can't see Tanev exposed, the Flames have to think long-term and keeping Tanev who was better than Giordano this season makes no sense since he's also younger and has more term.

From Calgary, I personally hope that they protect Gio and Backlund is exposed. Solid vet who can 2/3C. That or we take a guy like Kylington, but it’s because Calgary offers a sweetener to leave Gio alone.
The Flames are going to protect 7-3, going w/ 8 skaters would expose not just Backlund, but Dube and Mangiapane; that cannot and will not happen. So Giordano's status will have no impact on Backlund or vice-versa.

The Flames currently don't have enough exposed players that meet the minimum exposure requirements though, if they don't sign Ryan, Ritchie, Leivo... etc. to a contract for next season one they Flames would be forced to expose one of their forwards they would otherwise protect. That would logically leave Backlund available.

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
cut.jpeg

I want Blueger from Pittsburgh if they leave him unprotected

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Someday would like to see both Suzuki brothers on Seattle. Suzuki was a big name on the Seattle Mariners for such a long time.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Sweden has approx 100 players in the NHL. 3 from us might be:

Oliver Ekman Larsson (perfect guy for settlers, for a draft pick and someone from the Tampa Bay Lightning)
Linus Ullmark (our third goalie, sign, sign, sign)
Gabriel Landeskog...like, ten!

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
For me, it's Tanev from the Pens. We see guys like Paul Byron get named, but Tanev is a bigger, younger, more physical version of that type of player.

I will be VERY upset if the Pens expose Tanev. He's really the only high energy guy on our team, and he brings the ruckus everytime he steps on the ice. Also I dont know why everyone is so high on Teddy Bleuger, he's a career bottom-6 at best.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I will be VERY upset if the Pens expose Tanev. He's really the only high energy guy on our team, and he brings the ruckus everytime he steps on the ice. Also I dont know why everyone is so high on Teddy Bleuger, he's a career bottom-6 at best.
I've been a Tanev fan since I was watching Providence games for Jankowski and Gillies, I really wanted Calgary to sign him and Acciari when they went pro.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gourde, Tarasenko and Niederreiter from the draft. Kahkonen too, but he might not be a force for a little while.

I would love to see Landeskog and/or Hamilton as UFA signings.

I'm going with Tarasenko, if I had to choose one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad