What one (realistic) player do YOU want to see in Seattle?

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
A player we acquire through the expansion draft, free agency, or a trade that would potentially make sense that YOU would get excited about / personally like to see on the Kraken

For me, I would love:

-Cal Clutterbuck (Islanders) - Been a favorite of mine since his days on the Wild - love his intensity and what be brings + think he'd be an instant fan favorite in Seattle

-Yanni Gourde (Lightning) - I think anyone we bring in from Tampa will be an exciting pickup; winning mentality / experience...I like Gourde's game a lot as well

-Dougie Hamilton (Hurricanes) - Would be an immense signing - nothing much to say here

-Brandon Saad (Avs) - Have really liked Saad's game since his Chicago days - doubt this one happens but again, this is a player I'd love to see in a Kraken uniform

Alec Martinez (Golden Knights) - Another less realistic option (think he stays in Vegas) but I was really impressed with him in the playoffs; absolute warrior

Those are the guys that come to mind; obviously some are more realistic than others but who would YOU want to see come to the Kraken?

Last edited:

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Cal-Clutterbuck.jpeg

0616_sun_VGKCanadiens09_t653.jpeg

Dogs of war

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
A player we acquire through the expansion draft, free agency, or a trade that would potentially make sense that YOU would get excited about / personally like to see on the Kraken

For me, I would love:

-Cal Clutterbuck (Islanders) - Been a favorite of mine since his days on the Wild - love his intensity and what be brings + think he'd be an instant fan favorite in Seattle

-Yanni Gourde (Lightning) - I think anyone we bring in from Tampa will be an exciting pickup; winning mentality / experience...I like Gourde's game a lot as well

-Dougie Hamilton (Hurricanes) - Would be an immense signing - nothing much to say here

-Brandon Saad (Avs) - Have really liked Saad's game since his Chicago days - doubt this one happens but again, this is a player I'd love to see in a Kraken uniform

Alec Martinez (Golden Knights) - Another less realistic option (think he stays in Vegas) but I was really impressed with him in the playoffs; absolute warrior

Those are the guys that come to mind; obviously some are more realistic than others but who would YOU want to see come to the Kraken?

vegas is exempt so it has to be a UFA once the FA window opens up.

Reactions: kraken

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Clutterbuck, Gourde, Hamilton and Saad are a great bunch of choices to realistically become Kraken. I'd be STOKED on any of them. My actual choices would probably be Clutterbuck, Gourde and Dumba (and I probably overrate all these guys).

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Blake Coleman(free agency) and Jake Bean(hopefully expansion draft)

Blake-Coleman-Lightning.jpeg

Yessir, would be very happy with Coleman as well, love his game. Tampa really do have an abundance of riches; think I'll be happy with whoever we pickup tbh

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
*Also just to clarify...I know someone like Clutterbuck isn't necessarily the best option for a number of different reasons...but from a personal standpoint (have a soft spot for the guy) I'd love him here in Seattle (would be buying his jersey) even though I doubt that happens / it wouldn't necessarily be the best move from a GM's standpoint - That's the point of the thread though!

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Expansion Draft: Dumba/Greenway, Foegele
Free Agency: Hamilton, Saad, Martinez, Hoffman, Wennberg/Danault
Draft: Beniers/Clarke (whoever we pick as our 1st pick)

merlin_190076376_feba951d-2ba5-4053-a7a8-6655b8ac7042-jumbo.jpeg

Danault has been immense for Montreal - definitely would be a super intriguing pickup and one I would welcome...Centerpiece of a lockdown line right there

Reactions: LokiDog

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Clutterbuck, Gourde, Hamilton and Saad are a great bunch of choices to realistically become Kraken. I'd be STOKED on any of them. My actual choices would probably be Clutterbuck, Gourde and Dumba (and I probably overrate all these guys).

Matt-Dumba-1.jpeg

Dumba is such a stud man, great shout - I really hope everything plays out and he ends up being left exposed...I feel like all three have the right mentality to thrive on an expansion team, I'd be ECSTATIC if we could pick up at least two of them

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
*Also just to clarify...I know someone like Clutterbuck isn't necessarily the best option for a number of different reasons...but from a personal standpoint (have a soft spot for the guy) I'd love him here in Seattle (would be buying his jersey) even though I doubt that happens / it wouldn't necessarily be the best move from a GM's standpoint - That's the point of the thread though!

I think Clutterbuck is overpaid for a 4th line but he will bring the effort and physicality that GM's covet. I would generally stay away from him but since he only has 1 year left on his contract, may be fine doing that.

I think Francis will have to walk a very tight rope in deciding how to go about meeting the 48.9M in the expansion draft. Cap-dumps with add(s) or useful players on slightly expensive contracts. I would prefer to stay under 50M in expansion draft so that we can target some of the forward FA's.

The FA's can definitely solidify our top-6 which the expansion draft will be lacking in. The expansion should take care of the goal tending and most of the D. The more I look at it, if the team can make good acquisitions in FA AND flip some of the surplus they get in the expansion draft, they can fight for a playoff spot in the Pacific.

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
I think Clutterbuck is overpaid for a 4th line but he will bring the effort and physicality that GM's covet. I would generally stay away from him but since he only has 1 year left on his contract, may be fine doing that.

I think Francis will have to walk a very tight rope in deciding how to go about meeting the 48.9M in the expansion draft. Cap-dumps with add(s) or useful players on slightly expensive contracts. I would prefer to stay under 50M in expansion draft so that we can target some of the forward FA's.

The FA's can definitely solidify our top-6 which the expansion draft will be lacking in. The expansion should take care of the goal tending and most of the D. The more I look at it, if the team can make good acquisitions in FA AND flip some of the surplus they get in the expansion draft, they can fight for a playoff spot in the Pacific.

Well said, I'm with you 100%. We can add some nice pieces (and end up actually flipping some like you said) while easily staying below the cap in the expansion draft (I think this will be what Francis does, hope to god he doesn't get tempted and take on too many bad contracts) and then landing some studs in FA.

From the Islanders I think we'd realistically pick up Kieffer Bellows - young, cheap and with some upside (although if Mayfield is somehow left exposed I'd jump all over him). Need to stay away from the likes of Eberle (although I actually like him as a player).

Gonna be interesting to say the least - can't wait to see how this all plays out...

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I’d love to see Henrique in Deep Sea Blue™ . He had a bit down year on a *bad* Ducks team last season, but winning gold as Captain Canada at the IIHF Worlds probably put some swagger back in his tank. Dude can put the puck in the next, help offset the weak (projected) center depth of the expansion options & he’d most likely wear an A, if not C.

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
I’d love to see Henrique in Deep Sea Blue™ . He had a bit down year on a *bad* Ducks team last season, but winning gold as Captain Canada at the IIHF Worlds probably put some swagger back in his tank. Dude can put the puck in the next, help offset the weak (projected) center depth of the expansion options & he’d most likely wear an A, if not C.

1208725544.jpeg

Legendary shout - all for this!!! Would definitely be picking up a jersey

Reactions: wraparound

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sam Reinhart high chance he is going to be traded. My guess PNW so either Vancouver or Seattle.
With what assets is Seattle going to land them? They don't have anything but the 2nd overall that is worth a thing to get Reinhart.

I am so confused with all these rumors putting Seattle in play for the likes of Eichel or Reinhart. I would understand moving our 2nd overall for Eichel. But for Reinhart? That would not be a good idea.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Hyman if the price and term are palatable.
He’s a great example of how a less skilled player can have such a positive impact.
Low maintenance, great role model and it appears some leadership qualities as well.

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
Hyman if the price and term are palatable.
He’s a great example of how a less skilled player can have such a positive impact.
Low maintenance, great role model and it appears some leadership qualities as well.

hyman.jpeg

Those kinds of players always end up my favorite.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad