What on earth happened to this team's offense?

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Excellent comments in this thread. This is indeed one of the most contact averse groups of hockey players I have ever seen. Manifest in issues with the cycle, lack of effort getting to the middle, poor defense from the forwards, etc. Dustin Brown was a couple years off from me at the same high school so I know his game a bit and what he brought is what we need to have more success and what we lack.

I don't know what coaching can do about the problem. I see little bits of this problem with the Bills too and wonder if some of it is Pegula drafting influence. I don't want to pull out the "nice guys finish last" cliche but that's a bit of what I'm seeing.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Part of it is a carryover from the issues last year - they do not do a good job of creating off the cycle. They don't cycle much and didn't, but they were a very good team off the rush last year. This year, their chances aren't falling on rush plays at the same rate and I would assert their issues with cycle/settled offense have been even worse.
Our zone play is sloppy we can't just rely on transition game anymore we need to play harder be chippier and establish a forecheck and win board battles

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Our zone play is sloppy we can't just rely on transition game anymore we need to play harder be chippier and establish a forecheck and win board battles

That requires players willing to do that. They haven't shown they are willing to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad