What number do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
It's kind of reassuring to see half of you guys not committing to consensus numbers.

A good addition to the thread would be a listing of all known consistencies with numbers and hockey players (Low digits, 30's Goaltenders, etc.). Ofcourse, if said list exists somewhere

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
I play defense and have worn #29 my whole hockey playing career. That's just a number that was given to me when I was little and I've worn it ever since.

canadahockeygirl*

When I was younger, I took #4 for everything (Bobby Orr) including softball.

In HS, for hockey I wore #18 (my ex and I thought it would be cute to have the same number). I took #6 (Ted Williams' 9 flipped over) for every other sport.

Now, for everything but hockey I keep the #6.

When I'm in net, I'm usually #1 just for the hell of it. When I skate out, I wear #47. It was issued to me, but I kept it on becuase it's Aaron Downey's number and one of my friends is close with him and assures me he's a good guy.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I usually try and grab #12 or #14 when the coach comes in and dumps the jerseys on the locker room floor and says ''help yourself''

should rephrase that- ''usually tried''

been a long time since that scenerio presented itself :)

jb**

24 -bob probert
17 craig berube
7 -
chelios

prefer 24 when available

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
BooBlancRouge said:
Awesome topic!

I wear #58 both as a defenseman (ball hockey) and a goalie (ice). No real significance, but how often do you see #58? I can only think of one player (J-F Fortin, Caps) who I've seen wear it. At least I think it's J-F, could be J-P. I'm sure a Caps fan will clear that up for me.

Used to wear 18 and 15 when I played minor hockey.

Jean-Francis... :eek:

58 = Good football number at least.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca

Started playing last year...

Eminger wears 8 in the AHL and last year for the Caps...

Ovi wears it for Russia...

I figure one of them will wear it in the future.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Pavel said:
Pretty straight forward question. What number(s) do you wear and what is the significance, if any.

37, for no reason other than I bought my helmet used and it had 37 on it. Isn't that a terrible reason? But I have no favourite numbers and no un-favourites except for 88 because of the white supremacist association.

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
Initially when I started playing travel hockey, I went with 26...this is probably when I was 11 or so. I kept that number until I was 16 too, then switching to #3 which I kept. For my highschool team, I tried to pick 26, but there was someone in the organization who had that number already, so I reluctantly went with 86. However, this ended up being a good move on my part because I was easily remember by people being that 86 is a fairly uncommon number. However, if I had the chance to do it all again, I'd have gone with #92 or something like that...i dunno why, but the higher numbers always intrigued me

Erngueva

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
jcoldwell said:
The number I wear on my sweater is 73. The significance is that it is my birth year and nobody that I know wears that sweater number.

I am so unique ;)

Not to burst your bubble but i know a goalie who wear this number. Actually, he write it everywhere he can :) .

For me it's 31. No particular reason.

Joey13

I wear # 13, it's always been my lucky number. It's also sort of a Bill Guerin thing as I am originally from Boston and play wing. I am playing on a 2nd team this summer and can't decide what # to wear. Maybe # 28 for Adam Deadmarsh - one of my all-time favorite players.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
I have not even played hockey in a team, just floorball, but my jersey numbers still come from my hockey idols.

#2 - Brian Leetch, NY Rangers
#14 - Raimo Helminen, Ilves & Team Finland

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've always worn #11. No real significant reason. Only times I haven't worn #11 since I was about 8 years old was for an all-star game, where multiple players wore 11 ... or for a few games when our trainer at Penn St. lost my white jersey ... had to wear 13 for a bit.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
I wore 19 in our beer league last year, and am going to wear 44 for next year.

19 for Naslund, but myself being a defensman, I didn't feel I had any connection to the number other than an admiration of the player who wears it in the NHL. 44 for Bertuzzi, and myself being a pyshical type player, it seems to make more sense.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Tried to wear 16 for Bobby Clarke when I was a kid or later when I had a choice. When I started playing our jersies were numbered by size, low numbers for the extra larges to high teens and 20's for the smalls so sometimes 16 was too small. I've worn 00, 4, 5, 9, 20 a couple of times, 25, 88 but 16 off and on for about 15 different years. My kid wears 55 for everything but that's for a baseball player but he wears it for hockey too.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
#19, Sergei Fedorov was my favorite player when I was a kid so I said to the coach that I want #91 but he said I could only pick under #50 So I took #19!

Zetterberg4Captain*

I wear #16 because its the number my dad wore when he played hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad