What makes a Pro Sports team?

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Players come and go!

Owners come and go!

Management comes and goes!

The FANS make the team IMO. It is us who are responsible for carrying the torch for the team. It is us who share our love and pass it on to the next generation. It is us that ultimately drives the culture for which the team (and fanbase will be known)

So.. what do you think the team

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The fact is sports are business, as crappy as that is. There is little to no loyalty left for the teams who draft and develop players. This is true for all sports. The one saving grace for hockey is the cap system but even then with the amount of trades it's very difficult to grow a family/culture in sports.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The fact is sports are business, as crappy as that is. There is little to no loyalty left for the teams who draft and develop players. This is true for all sports. The one saving grace for hockey is the cap system but even then with the amount of trades it's very difficult to grow a family/culture in sports.

I dunno, for the most part superstar players stay on one team, mayyybeeee two. It's the non stars that go around looking for the best deal. The superstars will get the best deal from their team and usually remain loyal. Guys like crosby, toews,stamkos, malkin,doughty, kane, mcdavid(still early but i dont see him wanting out).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
extra-money.jpg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I blow my nose at you....

Must be a billionaire that plays nice with other billionaires... Really does make one wonder how EM was able to buy the team to begin with.

Fans come and go, and are fickle. If the team looks to be trying to win the fans will stay and support. Breach that social contract and you're doomed.

PD is clearly doing his best, but were is EM's heart at?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The Habs aren't all that different right now, and given that they have money as opposed to us, makes them even more laughable.

the fact they have money means once they get competent management they can buy themselves out of their problems like the leafs did. Sens fans are really the only who have to deal with a owner trying to find creative ways to spend below the cap floor.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
The Habs aren't all that different right now, and given that they have money as opposed to us, makes them even more laughable.

Talent wise there are some similarities but that's hit

1) Are their players spouses filing protection orders against each other?
2) Is there Asst GM facing a court date in Buffalo
3) Their captain seems to want to stay even though team is trying to trade him - here who knows
4) They are not buying out contracts or retaining big dollars on traded contracts.
5) Their roster does not have a Bobby Ryan or Marian Gaborik Contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad