What kind of reports do we expect out of training camp?

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
What kind of reports do we expect out of training camp. I'm pretty sure they will hold about 7-10 practices before their first exhibition game.

I think the biggest headlines will be:

Johansen and his contract difficulties.
Milano to impress in camp with his "stick tricks"
Wennberg, Rychell and Dano are not NHL ready.
Core group needs to stay healthy this year (Calvert, Horton)
Expectations high coming into training camp

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I think you'll see large cuts after the first week of pre-season games (a few split squad games as I recall) and the reports will be that the future is bright and X, Y and Z simply aren't NHL ready so it's best to get them to their permanent teams as quickly as possible and let the roster take shape.

You'll most certainly hear about a surprise or two in camp to push for the big club and about the health of Horton and how he looks. I think that's going to be a big discussion along with the addition of Hartnell.

Of course it will all be overshadowed by the impending no-show of Johansen and the daily update will be on the moment they check in for physicals (who am I kidding, it will start before that)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hortons health will be the biggest thing. I think we'll see Dano surprise A LOT of people, especially if he's stayed here from prospects camp to continue training. Milano shows his potential but won't be ready until he bulls up. Wennberg proves he's NHL ready.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i agree...lots of cuts early...i kinda only expect Wennberg, Rychel, Dano, and Milano to hang around for a while...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For some reason I find myself wanting Dano to make the team before Rychel and Wennberg. There's just something about him, maybe it's because he was a reach in the first round, or maybe it's because he just seems to dedicated to making the team. But I find myself wanting to see him make the club from day one. Not that I necessarily think he IS going to make it, but I think IF he does he'd be the gritty type of player that would stick around.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
One thing I bet out of training camp - about every player will say "I'm in the best shape of my career". :)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Wennberg will be the big story, and that's what management wants.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
One thing I bet out of training camp - about every player will say "I'm in the best shape of my career". :)
Well, that's a pretty reasonable thing to hear from them. Not like we have any grandpas on the team who would be clearly lying about how good they feel. It's a bunch of young kids and guys in their prime. They should be in the best shape of their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad