OT: What Jersey should I get ???

Mory Schneideur*

Get a Brodeur or an Elias man. Jagr would be nice too, I'm thinking of getting one of those.

Mory Schneideur*

+1

I've got Parise and Elias, and sure they're ex-captains, but neither of them were captains at the time I bought 'em.

Sal's not a bad guy, but he obviously shouldn't be the captain of this team. Arguable whether he should even be on the team. We're a defenseman factory, he's some grizzled old vet we signed a few years ago, and now he's barely visible.

I voted for The Schneider since he looked lonely, but obviously Marty and Patty take priority... although Jagr is a valid exception this year.

I agree and we are doing fine as a team without Sal at the moment. Ship him out for something in return. We should have never resigned hims after the 12 run.

My newest jersey is a Henrique btw & I'm very tempted in getting a Jagr, but start with the big guys (Brodeur and Elias) and then work down.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Get a Marty jersey. It's the safest out of all of them. Elias second. If you want to wear a jersey for years to come I'd get Henrique. I think Zajac would get traded before Henrique ever would, but I also think Henrique would bolt to Canada first chance he got in UFA.

Decisions, decisions.

Maybe Travis would be your best bet actually now that I think about it :laugh:.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Get a Marty jersey. It's the safest out of all of them. Elias second. If you want to wear a jersey for years to come I'd get Henrique. I think Zajac would get traded before Henrique ever would, but I also think Henrique would bolt to Canada first chance he got in UFA.

Decisions, decisions.

Maybe Travis would be your best bet actually now that I think about it :laugh:.

Henrique just gave the Devils two of his UFA years when he signed that six year deal. He does not seem to antsy to leave New Jersey at the moment.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Henrique just gave the Devils two of his UFA years when he signed that six year deal. He does not seem to antsy to leave New Jersey at the moment.

I know this is coming from just some guy on the internet but he just bought a house in Canada and hates it in the tri-state area. He's not a city kind of guy. I know someone close to the guy who befriended him. I've never personally met him.

Obviously he could re-sign here and all of this is fear-mongering but when I was told that I immediately looked at his contract and decided he's probably bolting eventually.

apice3*

I know this is coming from just some guy on the internet but he just bought a house in Canada and hates it in the tri-state area. He's not a city kind of guy. I know someone close to the guy who befriended him. I've never personally met him.

Obviously he could re-sign here and all of this is fear-mongering but when I was told that I immediately looked at his contract and decided he's probably bolting eventually.

Holy overreaction. Are you really fretting about what happens in 2020?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Holy overreaction. Are you really fretting about what happens in 2020?

I honestly wouldn't even care if Henrique left. Probably will care if it becomes a real threat. Just sharing what I was told. The guy doesn't like it around here. Lives in Jersey City, has only been to the city once in his life (to go out independently or with friends etc..), and goes home first chance he gets. Hates it around here.

It's not surprising and it's no indication that he'll stay/leave. But when I was told that I decided, personally, that he's probably bolting.

Not to say that he is or isn't obviously.

apice3*

I honestly wouldn't even care if Henrique left. Probably will care if it becomes a real threat. Just sharing what I was told. The guy doesn't like it around here. Lives in Jersey City, has only been to the city once in his life (to go out independently or with friends etc..), and goes home first chance he gets. Hates it around here.

It's not surprising and it's no indication that he'll stay/leave. But when I was told that I decided, personally, that he's probably bolting.

Not to say that he is or isn't obviously.

I'm not sure if I have the dates lined up right, but I'm pretty sure we might have two more Presidents by the time Henrique is a UFA. Relax.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm not sure if I have the dates lined up right, but I'm pretty sure we might have two more Presidents by the time Henrique is a UFA. Relax.

I don't understand why you're telling me to relax. Whether or not he leaves isn't even on my radar. Personally, I've decided not to get his jersey based off of info I got from someone who knows him. Does it mean he's leaving? No. I just have a bad feeling about it. Maybe it's because I've been spurned countless times :laugh:.

But I'm relaxed. Unless Henrique turns into a good player I don't care if he leaves or not. If present day Henrique left I'd be apathetic.

apice3*

You're missing the point. This discussion shouldn't even be happening until 2019 at the earliest.

apice3*

I probably am. I wouldn't personally spend money on a jersey if I thought the guy was leaving. So that's all I was sharing.

Well unless any of these players drink the water from Tuck Everlasting, then there is no point of buying anyone's jersey.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Completely baseless. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and what makes a player a good or bad captain. When Parise left, they asked various players quotes about who would be good captains. I believe Parise, Clarkson, and Zajac all said Salvador. I think there was an article on NJ.com. I think they know more about the leadership qualities in the locker room than the posters who say "Sal shouldn't be captain" based on literally nothing other than him being a scapegoat when this team loses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad