what is your team's biggest concern heading into playoffs?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
bumping now that a lot of matchups are decided. any new thoughts?

leaf fans seem pretty confident (cocky?) about their chances in round 1

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
For Islanders

Special teams(so hopefully the whistle is put away). We had a middle of the road PP and out PK was the worst all season
Lack of high end goal scoring

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Canucks:

- Lack of playoff experience. Young core of players.
- Health. Our D has size, but our forwards do not.
- We've been having trouble scoring since the ASG.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Avs :
- Team defense (Makar and Toews need to lead the pack, they've been awful defensively)
- Goaltending (Fourgiev is a popular nickname on our boards. Enough said)
- Depth after Mackinnon (We need more from Mittelstadt's line)
Is there any chance Landeskog will be available? At the deadline there were rumors, but haven't heard anything lately.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Is there any chance Landeskog will be available? At the deadline there were rumors, but haven't heard anything lately.
I'm no expert of his situation but from the limited video I've seen him skate he doesn't look close at all from coming back these playoffs. Our coach was also asked about Landeskog he just said "Not close". He is skating alone slowly and haven't participated a practice with the team let alone with contact.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Canucks: special teams is definitely the #1 worry. At the top of their game they are very much a cup contending team, it just depends on whether we get Jekyll/Hyde.

Oilers: a lot of fans worry about Skinner, but my worry is if they can shift defensively when it matters. It's a lot tougher in the playoffs to keep teams hemmed in (which has been their largest contributor in my opinion to their success defensively this year, despite being better structurally). They have shown flashes of being able to be structured defensively and they've also shown flashes of being horrendous defensively. I still think they're more of a "regular season" team than a playoff team and they can certainly have a run to go far but if they face a defensively stout team it's very worrisome. There's a reason why they struggled against Vancouver this year. When they get teams to commit to playing their game they win 90% of them, but when they're forced to play other teams' style they don't do well, hence why I think they're more of a regular season team. That McDavid though, holy f*** the guy is good in the playoffs and can carry his team to series wins alone.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Caps:
- a minus 37 goal differential. We don’t have the offense we need
- being satisfied just squeaking into the playoffs
- “the moment” being too big for the kids we have had to bring up to play d/t injuries, trades, etc

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Caps:
- a minus 37 goal differential. We don’t have the offense we need
- being satisfied just squeaking into the playoffs
- “the moment” being too big for the kids we have had to bring up to play d/t injuries, trades, etc
The way Lindgren is playing, if they can rattle Igor early, I give them a puncher's chance to make some noise

The pessimism about the Panthers is interesting to read. I still view them as a huge threat come playoff time and one of the favorites to go the cup finals coming out of the East. Despite the cold start, I would still not want to draw them round 1.
Or any other round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad