OT: What is your handedness, hockey and otherwise?

What hand are you for 1) hockey, 2) baseball/softball batting, 3) throwing/writing/life?

• Left, right, left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm weird and throw with a different hand than I write with.

• Right, right, left

• Total voters

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
If rifle shooting and archery were included my answers would be R,R,R,L,L

My sister and dad are weird, they're right eye dominant but shoot left handed with their left eye closed.

In case anyone is wondering for a simple eye test to see which eye is dominant, make a triangle with your hands (the illuminati symbol players make lol) and focus on a distant object inside the triangle with both eyes opened, now close one eye and see if the object moves out of the triangle and then the other..whichever eye moves the object outside the triangle is your weak eye.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Biologically I'm a righty but I identify as a lefty. My older brothers are lefties. I grew up copying them until the adults set me straight. lol
I often wondered how many of us were "forced" to the right. Has to be a larger number then many think I would guess, especially when hearing from so many experience similar events.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It’s nice to see so many lefties here :5:

Write left
Throw left
Swing bat, golf, hockey right
Play bass left
Kick ball left
Shoot guns left
Archery left

When I was a young kid my uncle who is right handed gave me my first hockey stick which was right handed and I just learned it as a righty. And golf club and bat followed that trend.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm right handed for basically everything (writing, swinging a bat or golf club, throwing a football, shooting in hockey) except I can shoot about equally well with both my left and right hand in basketball.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I don't really fit in with the poll options. If I'm swinging, I do it right-handed. Most everything else is left-handed.

Hockey: Left-handed goalie, but right-handed everywhere else
Baseball/softball: I field left handed and catch equally well with both hands, but bat right-handed
Bowling (best sport): Left-handed
Golf: Right-handed
Writing: Left-handed

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Right-handed for everything, and I blame that on playing baseball earlier in my life than hockey. I guess I just picked up a hockey stick the way that I would a baseball bat.

My dad is also right-handed but shoots lefty. Tells me all the time that I shoot backwards. :laugh:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I shoot right but always got slotted into LD. I bat left but throw right.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hockey shoot left
Baseball throw right bat switch hitter
Write with my right
Golf left
Basketball release right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad