What is your greatest generation?

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I'll take Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Bourque, Coffey, Robinson / Bird, Bo, Cal, Clemens, Holmes, Howie, Isiah, Jordan, Kirby, Lott, Magic, Marino, Montana, Murray, Nolan, Payton, Singletary, Bruce Smith, Taylor, Tyson, White

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The 70s-80s was a boon. The 70s didn't have the volume of following decades with cable TV and eventually internet and other sources of broadcast but the 70s was something unique. Take horse racing: Whether it was Secretariat/Seattle Slew/Affirmed/Spectacular Bid all in a seven-year span, that was unmatched as four of the greatest -- undoubtedly top 20 -- horses of all-time ran. You had Ali vs. Frazier and so many incredible heavyweight fights. The Super Bowl still innocent but blossoming into something rollicking. The Big Red Machine in baseball, arguably the best baseball team post-WW2 to this date when teams were created the old fashioned way. The start of the Gretzky-NHL era. Basketball was struggling mightily but 1979 was the start of that sport's bonanza. And then cable TV took things into another atmosphere. Personalities were developed nationally not just regionally. Sports flourished. Maybe too big now, at least in my eyes, but it was that point in time when sports was at its strongest....in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarantula

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
With Mclaren ruling the F1 for couple of years it was very boring. And then come Schumi with Red Monster and again - boring as hell.
Well, the 1988 McLaren is considered to be the most dominant team in F1 history so that only adds to that generation's legacy as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad