What is the most boring Top-League in Europe?

What is the most boring Top-League in Europe?

• Total voters

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Some of the matches in the bottom of the table in the EPL are pretty awful. But I'm not sure overall that they're the most boring.

I can attest to the fact that there were some terrible games at the bottom of the table; Brighton 0-5 Bournemouth, Brighton 0- 2 Cardiff, etc... But there were also some great games as well. Part of the added boringness to the games came from Huddersfield and Fulham being so far out so early on.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, I don't mind people saying Serie A honestly. I think over the last 5 years it's improved quite a bit, but this season wasn't that great, imo.

-Once Sarri left Napoli they became pretty bland, and we lost our most entertaining team, imo.

-Inter and AC weren't that great to watch, and Roma certainly wasn't either.

-The Ronaldo stardust kinda wore off as the season progressed, and he really wasn't that impressive, tbh. Maybe if he destroyed the league like so many predicted, it would've been different. I didn't think that would happen, though.

-Lazio has been really enjoyable to watch as neutral under Inzaghi during his tenure, but this season, even they felt like they'd lost a bit of magic.

-Fiorentina was a club most thought would be a really exciting young team, but they were a disaster in the 2nd half the season.

-Atalanta and Sassuolo probably played the best stuff this season, but I understand those aren't the kind of clubs to attract outside interest. Like it or not, people judge leagues by their biggest clubs, and none of Italy's were that entertaining.

The CL race was interesting, but for me, I factor in quality more than I do something like that.

I've got no problem saying I think the Prem is the most entertaining. Some years I think the league might be a tad overrated by its fans, but in terms of entertainment, I think it's safely been their title for a while now.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
La Liga has quality teams outside of the El Clasico teams (and Atletico). It's just that the rest of the league is just not up to par.

Serie A, outside of Juve's dominance, is pretty competitive with Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio, Atalanta, and Torino all competing for European spots.

member 305909

Of the European big leagues the French league is certainly least followed by outsiders.

I can't tell why that is but that is how it is. For example, if you have never been to Spain and have nothing to do with Spain why would you care whether Barca or Real wins but that's not the way people view.

The EPL is miles ahead others in terms of being followed.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of the European big leagues the French league is certainly least followed by outsiders.

I can't tell why that is but that is how it is. For example, if you have never been to Spain and have nothing to do with Spain why would you care whether Barca or Real wins but that's not the way people view.

If you’re not from England why would you care whether city or Liverpool wins?

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019

The language is a big Advantage for EPL too + Commonwealth and the cultural proximitiy to US.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The EPL just did a much better job with the US Market. It's as simple as that.

Especially NBC. The viewer numbers are much much better, and increasing by year. Even friends of mine who don't follow soccer closely will casually watch a match sometimes. Because wtf else is on at 7am when your kid wakes on a Saturday east coast time.

Reactions: IceColdOx

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
La Liga has quality teams outside of the El Clasico teams (and Atletico). It's just that the rest of the league is just not up to par.

But also those are not a good mix, throughout the league there are too big differences and only a few upper mid-table clubs had something to play for towards the end, here each * representing one point gap:

1. Barcelona
2. Atletico Madrid (Champion -11 pts)
3. Real Madrid (Champion -19 pts)
4. Valencia (CL +2 pts)
5. Getafe (CL -2 pts)
6. Sevilla (CL -2 pts)
7. Espanyol (CL -8 pts)
8. Athletic (CL -8 pts)
9. Real Sociedad (EL -3 pts)
10. Real Betis (EL -3 pts)
11. Deportivo Alaves (EL -3 pts)
12. Eibar (EL -6 pts)
13. Leganes (Relegation +8 pts)
14. Villarreal (Relegation +7 pts)
15. Levante (Relegation +7 pts)
16. Real Valladolid (Relegation +4 pts)
17. Celta Vigo (Relegation +4 pts)
18. Girona (Relegation -4 pts)
19. Huesca (Relegation -8 pts)
20. Rayo Vallecano (Relegation -9 pts)

Reactions: Vamos Rafa

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
The EPL just did a much better job with the US Market. It's as simple as that.

Especially NBC. The viewer numbers are much much better, and increasing by year. Even friends of mine who don't follow soccer closely will casually watch a match sometimes. Because wtf else is on at 7am when your kid wakes on a Saturday east coast time.

And this is despite ESPN doing it's usually "We don't have the rights, so your dead to us" schtick. Notice how they pump hard on Serie A and La Liga. It's why hockey and NASCAR are buried in the show rundowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad