What is the most boring Top-League in Europe?

What is the most boring Top-League in Europe?

• Total voters

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I said Serie A because that’s what I randomly chose.

Honestly I don’t watch other leagues frequently enough to have a real opinion. I’ll watch some games from the top teams, but there’s zero chance I’m watching two mid or lower table squads from Italy, Germany, France, or even Spain.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why no EPL and Liga?

Ligue 1 was boring this year I'd say. No challenge for PSG, Lyon being on/off, OM sucking, Monaco drowning.
Only excitement was Lille and sometimes Rennes.

Serie A was just as boring. Atalanta was the only one really worth watching.
Bundesliga wasn't much better. BVB didn't play very nice football. Same winner as always.
EPL was merely exciting because of the challenge title and suspense. Rest was pretty bad, Arsenal, Chelsea and United were awful to watch and worked hard to avoid top 4.

Now La Liga was pretty bad this year too. Betis provided some excitement, but Barca was boring to watch, Atletico and Real too. They get my vote.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Why no EPL and Liga?

Ligue 1 was boring this year I'd say. No challenge for PSG, Lyon being on/off, OM sucking, Monaco drowning.
Only excitement was Lille and sometimes Rennes.

Serie A was just as boring. Atalanta was the only one really worth watching.
Bundesliga wasn't much better. BVB didn't play very nice football. Same winner as always.
EPL was merely exciting because of the challenge title and suspense. Rest was pretty bad, Arsenal, Chelsea and United were awful to watch and worked hard to avoid top 4.

Now La Liga was pretty bad this year too. Betis provided some excitement, but Barca was boring to watch, Atletico and Real too. They get my vote.
Yes but in La Liga and EPL are more ompetitive teams in top tier incl. financial balance. In Bundesliga has no club economic and sporty chance vs Bayern. The same situation in France and Italy.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bundesliga in general was awful this season in terms of quality, just look at the results in Europe and how bad the bottom half teams were, it took what only 28 points to be safe. What saved it somewhat was a title race which went down to the final day

I voted Ligue 1 but that’s maybe bias because it’s the top 5 league I care least about and outside of PSG and to a lesser extent Monaco when they were riding high there is little exposure here in the US. It’s a good league to follow if you are into seeing top quality young players coming through the ranks

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes but in La Liga and EPL are more ompetitive teams in top tier incl. financial balance. In Bundesliga has no club economic and sporty chance vs Bayern. The same situation in France and Italy.
But that's not your question.
I find Serie A as usually the most boring league. L1 can vary from year to year.
Liga was extremely boring this year and the BL too. That's not the case every year, but this year, my vote goes to la Liga. When your champion is so boring to see with that much talent...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
For the record, Barca weren't that boring in the league despite it not being their best season. La Liga on the other hand wasn't up to par. Still it wasn't worse than the Bundesliga and I'm sure you could say L1 as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who was exciting to watch in la Liga this year? Betis. And?
Barca, Real, Atletico, and all were boring IMO.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yep, you got it, "IMO". Three teams don't make a league. Barca weren't boring. There was more of a title race than two of the three leagues mentioned here. The stories of Valencia, Getafe and Athletic Club. La Liga didn't live up to its recent standard, but definitely not the worst.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Come on, Getafe might be a feel good story but boy were they painful to watch.
I usually take pleasure watching la Liga game. Can't say there was any pleasure in games this year.
Lyon, for all their shitty consistency, was more fun to watch than any liga team this year for instance.

All in all, it wasn't an exciting year in the 5 top leagues IMO, save for the title race in England. The CL provided some nice moments, mostly for (and against) Ajax.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
But that's not your question.
I find Serie A as usually the most boring league. L1 can vary from year to year.
Liga was extremely boring this year and the BL too. That's not the case every year, but this year, my vote goes to la Liga. When your champion is so boring to see with that much talent...
This is a part of my question.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is the epitome of subjective. I find a lot of top teams playing shitty brand of football. If I don’t have a vested interested or if it’s not a high stakes then I would rather not watch most teams. Regardless of leagues.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Only reason Bundesliga isn't the pick here is because of Sancho going off this season.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
None of them were very good. This will just get worse.

The Russian league was probably the most exciting overall.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Can't really judge the others, but Bundesliga is as boring as it gets. Seven straight championships for Bayern Munich, cup winner as well... I have finally cancelled by sky subscription after more than 25 years because I simply don't care any more. Last season I have watched maybe 3 complete games.
For me, Bayern has totally ruined the league. Imho the NHL and the other US Leagues know very well that they are in the entertainment business and it's only entertaining if everybody has a freakin' chance. There is a draft, a salary cap, free agency... stuff like that to make sure even a lousy team can win something if they do their math. That is something really nobody understands in European soccer. The rich and the poor are drifting further apart every day. I am not willing to support this crap any more. So Bundesliga gets my vote :D

Reactions: Lambo

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bundesliga is probably the worst the past couple years. Fewer watchable teams than Serie A, EPL, or Liga; not as many interesting young players as Ligue 1. There are signs of improvement in the watchability department though with Nagelsmann moving to a bigger club, and much more entertaining coaches taking over in Leverkusen and Gladbach. Hopefully it won't be the worst again next year.

Reactions: Lambo

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
This season?

BL was good, BVB had plot armor for half the campaign and it looked like they were gonna take it away from Bayern for a long time.

La Liga was pretty bad, with Real in shambles and Atletico just sort of consistent-but-not-great.
Was really a walk in the park for Barca.

Serie A was actually pretty good when it comes to the CL spot race. Juve still dominated though.

Ligue 1 I rarely watch, even less so since Monaco sold everyone.

So, I suppose my vote would go to Ligue 1 or La Liga this season.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Surprised Series A has the most votes. Aside from the 'excitement' of having Ronaldo, the race for all the spots below first was quite lively for the whole season. Of course someone really challenging Juve would've made it better, but the 'expected' winner came out in both the other leagues as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I found enjoyment from all of these leagues this past year, they each had something to give. Went with La Liga just because the stories were uninspiring. Getafe's run was kind of fun and I do enjoy seeing Espanyol do decent but the battle at the top seemed week.

Edit: Just assumed La Liga would be an option....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad