What is the best NHL arena?

Nightmare1000

May 1, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
In the NHL what arena of which NHL team is the best and why? In my opinion I think Rogers Place which is the home arena of the Edmonton Oilers is the best arena as it is one of the newest and arguably biggest arena in the NHL. The arena looks like a giant space ship from the outside and many people says it seems like an airport terminal from the inside. The seating looks amazing with the Oilers logo being shown across the seats. Rogers Place also has the biggest jumbotron in the NHL. It is only fitting that the Oilers get a new arena around the same time Connor McDavid showed up. He will run that arena for many years the same way Wayne Gretzky ran Northlands Coliseum.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Define best?

Best ice?
Best seats?
Best food?
Best overall?( what do you value the most? Best for the fan/players or both?)

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
How do you determine this? You would basically have to attend games in all of the arenas to make a fair judgement.

Lot of different criterias to consider, such as location, architecture, parking, food and drinks, seats and view from them, staff, toilets, temperature, goal horn and songs etc etc

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
People complain about legspace and stuff on the second deck for Rodger's .

But if just overall niceness and not history it'll probably be the new arena this year (Detroit?) Seeing as its by the same people that did Edmonton's unless they went cheaper

Nightmare1000

May 1, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
People complain about legspace and stuff on the second deck for Rodger's .

But if just overall niceness and not history it'll probably be the new arena this year (Detroit?) Seeing as its by the same people that did Edmonton's unless they went cheaper
Can't believe a company like Little Caesars got their name on that new arena. A pizza company that sells cheap pizza. I like Little Caesars pizza by the way. Good pizza even better price. Only problem is they don't deliver where I live.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Can't believe a company like Little Caesars got their name on that new arena. A pizza company that sells cheap pizza. I like Little Caesars pizza by the way. Good pizza even better price. Only problem is they don't deliver where I live.
well the owner owned the wings so I can see why. He recently dies but they are probably owned by the same people still

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Bell Centre always look awesome but that's mostly because of the fans. Barclays Center has the worst ice hands down.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've been to a few arena's thanks to work. I've enjoyed games at the Habs arena, PPG of course (homer vote but it really is a beautiful rink, Oilers copied it big time but very very poorly), Canucks Rogers arena is not bad, didn't mind the Kings, Ducks, and Stars arena's either. Had a pretty good time at those places.

No one will ever make the mistake of calling Little Caesar's pizza good, I mean if you consider that good, you must've been eating $1 slice pizza's on the regular before you found them. Their pizza is absolutely disgusting.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The new arena they built in EDM is pretty nice. A really hard question to answer as there are truly so many things that make a great arena. I don't think there can be a "best". It's a pretty subjective thing.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Wachovia Center-- it's decent
TD Garden- great fan experience, great view at any seat, easy transportation but ****** ice for the players.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Roger's Place is a gorgeous looking building. Haven't been to it and will hopefully get up to a game this season but it looks like and seems like a cut above the rest just from an optics perspective.

The development around it is world class too. 250 meter tower, 190 meter tower, 160 meter tower and 130 meter tower around it and that's only phase one.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I've been to quite a few arenas. My version of best is pretty much sight lines I never really cared about all the fluff. They're gone now but the two best arenas to me were Nassau and JLA. Nassau is kind of a dump but I loved it, great place to watch an actual hockey game. The old igloo had good sight lines too.

Now that those are gone I might have to go with Nationwide Arena in Columbus.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'll rank the one's I've been to

1. Prudential Center
2. Wells Fargo Center
3. Canadian Tire Centre
4. Bell Centre
5. Madison Square Garden
6. Barclays Center
7. Nassau Coliseum

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Nationwide Arena in Cbus has great sightlines- I was way up in the upper bowl but never felt far away from the action.

My only comparison was PPG Arena which felt like I was completely removed from it even though I was sitting closer

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I've only heard amazing things about the SAP Center and the American Airlines Center.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
In the NHL what arena of which NHL team is the best and why? In my opinion I think Rogers Place which is the home arena of the Edmonton Oilers is the best arena as it is one of the newest and arguably biggest arena in the NHL. The arena looks like a giant space ship from the outside and many people says it seems like an airport terminal from the inside. The seating looks amazing with the Oilers logo being shown across the seats. Rogers Place also has the biggest jumbotron in the NHL. It is only fitting that the Oilers get a new arena around the same time Connor McDavid showed up. He will run that arena for many years the same way Wayne Gretzky ran Northlands Coliseum.

Just need to correct this. The oilers logo is not shown across the seats. You are likely thinking of this image:

cut.jpg

That is just towels that were put on every seat for the home opener. I agree that it looks amazing, and believe 100% that it should have been the seat colors, but unfortunately Rogers Place uses black seating all around.

News-Sam-Podgurny-Rogers-Place-1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad