What is the best assist of the last 5 years? *Video evidence

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
As far as actual assists, it's awfully hard to beat some of Thornton's work over the past few years. He isn't beating people with his feet or stickhandling, but with the actual pass itself. The Blues one above is probably the best given degree of difficulty and situation, but here are a few more candidates.

He just sees the game at a different level. You'll also notice that Thornton is being checked in all of these so he doesn't have all day and all the room in the world to get these passes off.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This one stands out to me as a Flames contribution.

[nhl]688958[/nhl]

The only way this pass works is if it's absolutely perfect.

space321

May 11, 2011
Rundblad's pass to Turris? was it, forgot who he passed to but it was literally the longest stretch pass ever. So sick.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Rundblad's pass to Turris? was it, forgot who he passed to but it was literally the longest stretch pass ever. So sick.

Greening.

Makes sense you'd think that though, the first three Sens highlights in this thread have Turris finishing it off (assists by Spezza, MacArthur and Stone). Loving all of these highlights :yo:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A nice compilation of Kuznetsov's best assists:

I don't know which of the many wonderful assists of this thread is the best, but good God, I love the Kuznetsov pass. He just does it so quickly and smoothly that, even knowing it's coming, it's always unexpected, and the puck usually goes into the net with goalie looking the other way.

Haha right behind the net!
Damn lucky!

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

All bias aside, i think Zucc`s no look pass is pretty close to that one by Kane! Two unreal assists!

I haven't seen that one from Zuccarello before, that was amazing. Minus the spinorama that was probably better than Kane's I think.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
+1 To the Sedin tip... goodness.

Just so it gets mentioned:

He's had better - one has been mentioned already - this is just very recent :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad