What is the 3rd most popular Canadian team?

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

Ottawa last place for sure. The 'hockey fan' to 'Sens fan' ratio in this city is ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if we were tops in the league of opposing fans native to the city. Not just Toronto/Montreal either - Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, even Vegas now always have a large presence at the CTC.

Embarrassing

Spargon

May 31, 2019

Ottawa last place for sure. The 'hockey fan' to 'Sens fan' ratio in this city is ridiculous. Wouldn't be surprised if we were tops in the league of opposing fans native to the city. Not just Toronto/Montreal either - Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, even Vegas now always have a large presence at the CTC.

Embarrassing

I have no sympathy for Ottawa fans in that regard. Sens fans constantly whine and cry that the arena is such a bad location the drive is horrible boo hoo. Yet fans of other teams prove they will travel to Ottawa (highly doubt the other fans are all locals) to watch their teams play. So Sens fans can put up or shut up about other fans in their arena.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have no sympathy for Ottawa fans in that regard. Sens fans constantly whine and cry that the arena is such a bad location the drive is horrible boo hoo. Yet fans of other teams prove they will travel to Ottawa (highly doubt the other fans are all locals) to watch their teams play. So Sens fans can put up or shut up about other fans in their arena.

They are locals.

Ottawa has a very large expatriate population owing to the fact that it’s the capital.

We have sizeable Leaf and Hab fan bases in the region owing to the fact that Ottawa is a hockey town well before the Sens were here. Their junior teams and PWHL team also draw extremely well unlike some other Canadian cities.

They shell out the big bucks for the 100 level seats for the one or two games that their team plays in Ottawa.

As a season ticket holder since 2003, I often bring friends who have moved here to the games involving their team.

The biggest difference between Ottawa and the other cities is that the region’s largest employer does not permit corporate tickets to be purchased or accepted as gifts.

As a result, they have one of the smallest if not the smallest corporate season ticket base which is not ideal.

However, the silver lining of this is that our rink is typically attended by hockey fans and not people closing business deals over sushi and champagne.

Last edited:

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Get out of your basement and meet some people. Kelowna area and northern BC have huge amounts of Oiler fans. Sask as well. Also there are Oilers legacy fans all over the country from the Oilers dynasty days.

Canucks have never had any success so you dont see many out of market Canucks fans.
without any evidence I’ll just say this is an example of people trying to get the hell out of Edmonton.

Reactions: nucks88

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
without any evidence I’ll just say this is an example of people trying to get the hell out of Edmonton.

image.png

image-2.png

image-4.png

Plenty of evidence that no one cares about Vancouver, outside of Vancouver. Reality is a real kick in the teeth sometimes.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It’s just another cold alberta basement hot take from a dreaming Oilers fan. 5 or 6? things were already posted in here to refute his claim

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad