What is the 3rd most popular Canadian team?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I have no sympathy for Ottawa fans in that regard. Sens fans constantly whine and cry that the arena is such a bad location the drive is horrible boo hoo. Yet fans of other teams prove they will travel to Ottawa (highly doubt the other fans are all locals) to watch their teams play. So Sens fans can put up or shut up about other fans in their arena.
Have you ever been to Ottawa?

It's a transient city. Nearly everone there is from another part of Canada working for government or NGOs or something.

Nearly 87% of their population growth are non-locals relocating there.

Reactions: NyQuil

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I have and another poster pointed out about one of the problems with getting proper gauge of social media is that fact there are people out the make a lot of money off being paid to fallow certain people and business on social media. There is a fallacy about putting more emphasis on who follows who over interactions. Several business and social influencers have been caught out at padding their numbers via using individuals or companies in Vietnam. Cambodia and Laos, to increase their numbers. Like any analytical numbers, simply posting a graph is not evidence, you need to break down, rebuild and explain the numbers. With twitter there is a rumor that X will be doing a purge of any accounts that have not been active for 5 years or more. The numbers on twitter, youtube and other social media outlets factors in all time accounts and not just active.

The Dead Internet Theory is becoming more of a reality year after year.

Last edited:

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Being the 3rd most popular Canadian team isn't really a surprisingly small market ;) . Especially when no one is ever going to eclipse Montreal & Toronto

Grizzlies, oh wait.

I value my friendships more than what people think watching a hockey game from home.

As someone who actually shells out large sums of money to the team for tickets every year since 2003, your opinion sitting 5 hours away is particularly irrelevant.

Ottawa is a smaller market with an even smaller corporate ticket base so the team will always struggle at home against bigger markets unless they become competitive again.
I see you're triggered by this post. Lol. You're not going to impress me with your alleged personal spending spree on tickets as I could care less about your own bravado. You can make all the excuses that you want to compensate for Ottawa's dismal base fan support but the overwhelming perception outside of Ottawa is that the city is minor league in allowing others fan bases to take over the CTC. Take that for what it's worth...lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You can make all the excuses that you want to compensate for Ottawa's dismal base fan support but the overwhelming perception outside of Ottawa is that the city is minor league in allowing others fan bases to take over the CTC.

You certainly have a good appreciation for what the perception is outside of Ottawa given that you're 5 hours away and not in any position to do anything about it personally.

• Haha
Reactions: Race Dawg

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Franchise Valuation shows that Edmonton is the #3 Canadian franchise:

$525 million more value than Vancouver.
Oilers also have $83million more revenue than The Canucks.

Take it with whatever grain of salt you want, but Oiler fans spend a f***ton more money on their team than Canucks fans, which is sad considering how much smaller of a market Edmonton is.

Reactions: RattsSSV and PuckG

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
You certainly have a good appreciation for what the perception is outside of Ottawa given that you're 5 hours away and not in any position to do anything about it

You certainly have a good appreciation for what the perception is outside of Ottawa given that you're 5 hours away and not in any position to do anything about it personally.
I'm from Ottawa born and raised - you know nothing of my situation but keep reaching lol

Reactions: nucks88

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC

Take it with whatever grain of salt you want, but Oiler fans spend a f***ton more money on their team than Canucks fans, which is sad considering how much smaller of a market Edmonton is.
There are fewer things to throw money at in Edmonton. Oilers fans have suffered through some truly dismal times, but they could always fall back on those outstanding teams of the Eighties. The Canucks have no Cups and no sustained success. Ever.
I say this as someone who grew up in Vancouver.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Valuation =/= popularity, it’s no secret that the average Albertan has more disposable income than someone from British Columbia. Add in the state of the art arena

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The rankings from top down do tend to fluctuate depending on which stage of the compeitive cycle a team is at. 2014 told a different story, for example.

Oilers probably cause of McDavid. then Canucks.

Oilers seem to pack a punch relative to their size. I only went to one oiler which happened to be in Vancouver and that was the beginning of the pronger era. There was a noticeable amount of oiler fans, and im guessing there is a certain lineage going back to the gretzky days. McDavid will keep that going or introduce new/lost fans in and out of the market.

As a Habs fan out on the other side of the nation, I get a chuckle as there always seem to be some unsuspecting fans asking out loud why there are so many red jerseys out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

I'm sure some poster will tell us soon how this doesn't matter because of his feelings. You want to know what does matter to the same posters? Twitter likes from 2015.

Edit: Damn it, beat me to it already. The usual suspects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad