What is Sweeney Doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I can only speak for myself, but for a team trying to go in a different direction I have a hard time believing the bruins are passing on Barzal. Krejci and bergeron aren't getting younger and I feel like the talent level is far above that of Debrusk. I might be on my own but I would have much rather of attempted to convert zacha and barzal to a wing..

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
o7cl54R.jpg

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Today was the worst nightmare. Good management was replaced by what the Islanders used to be.

We're in for a dark decade now. Bank on it. It's going to be awful here now.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Same old Bruins taking guys they could have had much later. They will regret passing on both Barzal and Connor, bunch of morons.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think his plan is to start the tank now.

That or he has lost his mind.

I'm strugglingnto feel at all optimistic about this team for the next few seasons.

Makes me wonder/hope they have some plans to trade for roster players because I don't think their 2015 draft picks are going to be NHL ready this season and the cubbard in Providence is pretty darn bare.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I was hopeful for some redemption... but team identity? what? pass on a consensus top 10 pick in barzal... its a shame the bruins cant draft unless there its a gift horse like hamilton or seguin. oh wait..

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
wow...trade established talent for picks...then fall on your face using said picks. terrible. i feel for Bruins fans. they could have gotten a lot more for 14 & 15 than two dark-horse, reaches. heck...those guys likely would have been available in the late 20's-30's. Sweeney has turned $2 into a handful of change that totals about $1.09. Brilliant.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
As someone watching from the outside I am shocked that the Bruins did not move down to get the guys they selected. This is nuts.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Wasn't that kid supposed to go in the forties? YOU HAVE THREE SECOND ROUND PICKS. I don't even follow this stuff and I knew that.

What an embarrassment. I won't be giving another cent to this organization until Cam Neely and his puppet are gone.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Thank god we didn't have the #1. Not taking McDavid would have been an even bigger opportunity for Sweeney to kill our souls from within

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad