What is Sekac's ceiling?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Until last game, I had found his inability to get a good shot off on net concerning. He would always find ways to get in prime scoring positions but never really could get good shots off. That goal against the bruins was a really nice one though. If he can shoot like that more often then sky is the limit. He has the work ethic, hockey sense, speed, size, vision to be a dominant player.. just need to improve that wrist shot.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Well on most nights I'd say it's pretty high and has some championship banners hanging from it

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
50-60 point guys.

Does everything right without being too flashy. Will be a top 6 players for 10 + years for us.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Sekac is definitely NHL material but I'm still out on him. He hasn,t shown that he can be a top-line player yet, but that could be because he has been inconsistent at this point.

If he gained in consistency then he could be a top-line player.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
As of right now, I'm going to go with 2nd line. Sekac was good in the KHL. He was sought after by many for a reason. He got scratched "because he was exhausted". Other than that, he played well in the beginning, only to sky-rocketing the 3rd line when he came back. His presence has definitely made an impact. So, I'm going to go with 2nd liner for now. It's too soon to tell definitively yet. But 2nd line is my gut feeling right now.

We've seen spurts of Eller scoring for a few games, then going on long droughts. I'm very curious to see how it's going to happen this year with Sekac. I expect them to cool down. Though, I'm hoping they become regular scorers.

One things for sure, our third line actually contributing now has definitely lifted our offense. I'm really curious how long it will last and it can sustain itself.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
25G/55PTS 2nd liner IMO for the next few years, honest to god, MB virtually got a free NHL ready 1st round pick when he signed him, brilliant signing.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
1st line. He has the will and the skill.

I see Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak as the future first line,.. Sekac on the 2nd line with either Plekanec or Eller, I'd keep Pleky around for a long time still even if it means 3C duties, great mentor. Essentially Galchenyuk-Eller-Plekanec as our top 3 C's. Any of Pacioretty-Sekac-Scherbak-McCarron-Gallagher-Hudon-Andrighetto-Bournival-JDLR-Thomas can be top 6/9 scoring wingers.

Maybe in 2/3 years:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak (scoring)
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher (Scoring)
JDLR-Plekanec-McCarron (Shutdown)

Some variation of that.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I see Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak as the future first line,.. Sekac on the 2nd line with either Plekanec or Eller, I'd keep Pleky around for a long time still even if it means 3C duties, great mentor. Essentially Galchenyuk-Eller-Plekanec as our top 3 C's. Any of Pacioretty-Sekac-Scherbak-McCarron-Gallagher-Hudon-Andrighetto-Bournival-JDLR-Thomas can be top 6/9 scoring wingers.

Maybe in 2/3 years:

Some variation of that.

Worst case scenario is that Scherbak doesn't pan out and we need a first like RW.

Solid line up

PricePkPatch*

Sekac is a big winger with will and skill

The sort of player that brings more to the table than just goals. He has the potential of being a solid 2W if he develops well, perhaps borderland 1W

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Worst case scenario is that Scherbak doesn't pan out and we need a first like RW.

Solid line up

Exactly, Scherbs looks real good in Everett this season, had instant chemistry with Galchenyuk in camp, just wait until he bulks up too, loved drafting him & picking up Jiri Sekac, great work by MB, TT & the scouting team on these two.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I see his potential as being a two-way 25-30g winger on the second line. Definitely hope he sticks around and continues to play at this level.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011

Maybe in 2/3 years:

Some variation of that.

I see it more like
Patches Chuckie scherbak
Sekac Eller mccarron
Bournival JDLR Gallagher

McCarron is already surprising everyone in juniors, what a difference a year makes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad