What is Nathan Horton's situation? Can he still play ice hockey?

NotSince67*

Isn't he delaying surgery so he collects on his millions?

Surgery would (IIRC) require the fusion of discs using metal rods which would make him unable to gain medical clearance to play.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember seeing recently that he felt better and was going to try and give it a go in the future.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Isn't he delaying surgery so he collects on his millions?

I don't think team recommended surgery would cause him to lose his millions.

That would be a huge loophole for teams to get out from under guaranteed contracts and conflict of interest.

Now if he had the surgery, and could be declared fit, they could buy him out as a healthy player, but if he was a healthy player ...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/person-interest-411-nathan-horton/

Horton began to show improvement when he took part in a morning skate with his Blue Jackets teammates this past January. “In my heart, I’ve always believed he’s going to play again,†Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards said that morning. “I still feel that way.â€

Whether or not Horton will be able to return remains unclear. The Maple Leafs are expected to put Horton on the long-term injured reserve, which means his cap hit will not count against the club’s salary cap for the remainder of his contract.

He should think of his next 50-60 years of life and not the next 5.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Horton isn't going to play again and he knows it. He's just collecting his paycheques and anything he says about him possibly playing is just for PR. As long as he's not on the cap, I don't care.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I don't think team recommended surgery would cause him to lose his millions.

That would be a huge loophole for teams to get out from under guaranteed contracts and conflict of interest.

Now if he had the surgery, and could be declared fit, they could buy him out as a healthy player, but if he was a healthy player ...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/person-interest-411-nathan-horton/

He should think of his next 50-60 years of life and not the next 5.
I never do recommend human beings doing that. But that's the great difference in some of us. Horton can't play ice hockey when 55 years old. I recommend (only) thinking about the next day and the near future cause we never know what could happen 30 years from now or are we even here? I recommend enjoying life, women, hockey, sexual, and food and drinks while we still here. It can all be over the next day. I don't know what Horton gon do?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I never do recommend human beings doing that. But that's the great difference in some of us. Horton can't play ice hockey when 55 years old. I recommend (only) thinking about the next day and the near future cause we never know what could happen 30 years from now or are we even here? I recommend enjoying life, women, hockey, sexual, and food and drinks while we still here. It can all be over the next day. I don't know what Horton gon do?

That might be the difference between being responsible for oneself and for others. Me first, me only, and heck, I won't be here in 50 years why should I worry about pollution, or whether I destroy the planet, I've had my fun!

Like people who suggest that having kids won't change their lives.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
That might be the difference between being responsible for oneself and for others. Me first, me only, and heck, I won't be here in 50 years why should I worry about pollution, or whether I destroy the planet, I've had my fun!

Like people who suggest that having kids won't change their lives.
I didn't say (anything) at all of pollution or destroying the planet. Not anything about that. I talked entirely of doing the one man thing, just by yourself. Eat food I said, drink, sex, women and play hockey. That there is not saying anything about pollution or destroying the planet I know this as a fact. If a Horton wants to do those things then he does it. Plain and simple. He and I might even put the garbage to where they belong the whole time and then the planet is more safe too. It's fun and fun for everybody else while we at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad