What is going on with these video reviews

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
On the Stars feed it showed that part of the puck was still on the line when it was cleared away.
Stfu , what part...lol, league is Bush league. What they have is a bunch of know it all , blowhards, who are too proud to get out of thier own way. That is a clear cut goal.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Why is that pic shaded grey? Is it to make it look like it was in? From this pic it looks close.
screenshot_20181127-224351_twitter-jpg.159069

Credit to @ManitobaKid for the pic

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think hockey still has the "it must be in 100%" approach to these things. They really should adopt the NFL way of "there has to be 100% evidence to disprove it was a good play". This was a 50/50 situation, and it was ruled against. Should've gone the other way IMO.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
It doesn't matter because the Oilers won but was McDavid even onside on that play? I'm too lazy to go back and look but if it had been determined it was in I know they would have looked at that next. He's so fast that it was hard to tell watching live but he did look offside.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
It doesn't matter because the Oilers won but was McDavid even onside on that play? I'm too lazy to go back and look but if it had been determined it was in I know they would have looked at that next. He's so fast that it was hard to tell watching live but he did look offside.

No, the puck entered the zone first. His acceleration is just unreal.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I thought he looked offside aswell lol. Imagine that goes in only to be waved off lol.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Do your eyes work?
Edit: NM saw username. Come on man these terrible calls and reviews affect us all.

It wasn't a terrible call or review, you cannot see it across with 100% certainty, I would say the same regardless of what team it was

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I don't understand why it's difficult to grasp the fact that it is supposed to be absolutely conclusive to overturn the no goal call on the ice.

Every image I have seen doesn't clearly show white between the puck and the red line. The images show that it still might be touching the red line, so even if they think it might be over, unless they're absolutely sure, the call stands. It's not like it matters anyway since the Oilers won.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I think hockey still has the "it must be in 100%" approach to these things. They really should adopt the NFL way of "there has to be 100% evidence to disprove it was a good play". This was a 50/50 situation, and it was ruled against. Should've gone the other way IMO.
This was not a 50/50 situation at all. This was a 100/0 situation. The only people who say it was not in were apparently people watching the Stars stream.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I don't understand why it's difficult to grasp the fact that it is supposed to be absolutely conclusive to overturn the no goal call on the ice.

Every image I have seen doesn't clearly show white between the puck and the red line. It's not like it matters anyway since the Oilers won.
What are you talking about? How can you not see the white?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad