Speculation: What is Blueger's future in this team?

Where do you see Blueger ending up?

• Total voters

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Been kinda disappointed with TB's playoff performances the last couple of years. I really like his regular season game, I just wish he kicked up the intensity in the playoffs a bit more. I often wonder if we had other bigger and or tougher (and capable) forwards and defenseman in the lineup that maybe players like Blueger and some others, would play a little bigger

I dont think they would....but if we had stronger players it might free up ice for these other guys to exploit better. Instead they just get steamrolled into a corner all game.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Blueger's a great 4C who can get by as a 3C, but you're probably not going deep in the playoffs if he's your 3C.

He's good defensively, can PK, but his offensive upside is looking limited. Hard to say for certain with Sullivan's usage of him, but he doesn't look like a guy who'll do more than score roughly 10 goals and 30 points.

My bigger issue with him is he goes from being a high end 4C/low end 3C in the regular season with 30 point potential, to a low end 4C who adds zero offense in the playoffs.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
First 3 games in the NHL----KEEP THIS GUY
Now---whatever
Haha remember last season when people were okay with JR’s crappy forward free agent signings because we didn’t want to lose Blueger in the expansion draft this season? If we sign another good player, we might lose TeDDy!

Good times

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I mean, Sullivan is using him as a low end 4C that strictly gets the worst defensive match-ups in the playoffs so that explains it.

Not entirely. He gets the same usage in the regular season yet can produce roughly 30 points. He simply hasn't shown he can be anything above Adams-level offensively in the playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not entirely. He gets the same usage in the regular season yet can produce roughly 30 points. He simply hasn't shown he can be anything above Adams-level offensively in the playoffs.

He’s time on ice was dropped by nearly a full minute in the playoffs compared to regular season. Last year it was two. The year prior he was scratched for Garrett Wilson.

Why didn’t we swap him and McCann?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Post-Gazette just had an article about Pens’ centers and stated that he would get between $3-$4 mil on his arbitration eligible contract…no thanks at that price…if he’s looking at that, I hope they expose him in the ED

Penguins offseason preview: What’s the right price for an Evgeni Malkin deal?

“Free agent situation
Blueger is a restricted free agent and the 26-year-old could be looking at an awarded salary between $3 million and $4 million should they go to arbitration.”

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Blueger is a solid 3C right now, but Carter came in and provided elements we had no right to expect.

I'd like to keep TB.

A big strong (solid big - not big and awkward) guy with a still decent shot who can skate and not get pushed around so easily isn't really a surprise... I think we forgot how it looks in a penguin uniform after years of the shrimp parade.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
A big strong (solid big - not big and awkward) guy with a still decent shot who can skate and not get pushed around so easily isn't really a surprise... I think we forgot how it looks in a penguin uniform after years of the shrimp parade.

13 goals in 20 games sure was a surprise.

I'm confident nobody was expecting anything close to that. And if they did, they were awfully quiet about it before he came.

Reactions: Gurglesons

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
13 goals in 20 games sure was a surprise.

I'm confident nobody was expecting anything close to that. And if they did, they were awfully quiet about it before he came.

I thought he could still skate and shoot well enough. But being like the best goal scorer in the league in that time frame, not expecting that shit.

He can regress a ton and still be a very useful player.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
I could see Bluegar having a William Karlsson like impact on the Kraken.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Our best defensive forward, looks like he can produce in 30 point range. Hopefully we sign him to around 3.5 a year and protect him over Carter.

Of course that is assuming Holland and Burke will be competent.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Our best defensive forward, looks like he can produce in 30 point range. Hopefully we sign him to around 3.5 a year and protect him over Carter.

I like TB, but Carter is better and cheaper this year.

I hope they keep Carter if it comes down to one or the other.

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Good bottom 6er. Solid defensively, a C, and brings some offense. Chips in away from stars, but could probably play with good players if your team was loaded. Never gonna be a top 6er.

Type of guy you try to keep but don’t overpay to do so imo.

So Id protect Carter over him, hope he’s not taken, and try to get him cheap on a 2-3 year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad