What is a crazy video game challenge you have completed

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I remember trying to finish Facility in 2 minutes or whatever it was under the hardest difficulty in order to unlock invincibility.

Cursed so many times.

I think we all did. That still is one of the coolest ways ever to unlock stuff.

That was even before the days of YouTube where you could just watch how someone else beat it and just mimic their path. Trying to figure out the fastest way through each level and then not trying to die was super frustrating but it was also a ton of fun.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I dont exactly remember the year, but I was top five in experience (level 97 i believe) on DII classic with my barb.

Not much of a talent or skill achievement, just crazy dedication :laugh:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Idk anything really hard

On diddy kong racing i beat the final boss using a pretty slow character :laugh:

That also requires you to get 8 hidden coins and win the race to get to the boss

No idea how I did it. I played it again and just gave up. Used the fastest character in the game

I'm sure this thread will give me ideas

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
None immediately come to mind, but I do have a bunch of PSN platinum trophies, some of which I'm sure required some patience & practice. I should look.

I think I beat that game with 4 of each character type. Takes me back!

How the hell do you beat that game w/ four white mages? :laugh:

I beat it with four red mages once, but that is pretty easy. All good fighters and can use both types of magic, just not the final big spells. But that is not that big of a deal.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Oh, I think I finished Starfox 64 about 2000 times, is that an achievement ? :laugh:

I love that game.

do-a-barrel-roll-rabbit.jpg

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
When I was younger and in college I was pretty heavy into the FPS scene. I used to love playing Halo 2 and doing multi-player matches without shooting - just beat downs and grenades. The after-match statistics showed how many shots you fired so I loved going something like 25-2 in a team slayer match then making fun of the other team in the after match chat because I didn't fire a single bullet.

But man do your FPS skills really fall off a cliff when you don't have time to play everyday. I feel like I am pretty terrible nowadays.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I completed several games of Battlefield Bad Company 2 as MVP without ever firing a single shot.

An achievement? Not really, but fun. I Hacksaw Ridged the crap out of that game.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Custom robo on gamecube. Didn't know I could update the moves of my robot so I beat the whole entire game with the 3 started with. Honestly made it challenging because the robots I faced a few had some moves I would have wanted.

Also played a fifa 14?

We had 6 teams of 2.

Random teams never really played fifa.

I scored more goals than any of the 5teams in the preliminary rounds. Than we preceded to win the semis and finals without losing a game. Like I scored the most goals and more than any team. (My teammate was the best player out of them apparently so that helped.)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I can do "Mile High Club" on Call of Duty 4 Veteran difficulty pretty much at will. I can also beat the Cargo Ship Mockup ridiculously fast.

Man, hated that level. Beat it eventually but there were definitely some "want to throw your controller" moments.

I guess I've gotten all 120 stars in Super Mario 64 in one day about five times. Favorite game ever.

Used to be amazing at the DS game Meteos if anyone played that one. Maxed out a few levels and approached WRs in others.

Did the Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon once. Sapphire I think. That was fun.

I was an excellent "snaker" in Mario Kart DS. Beat someone who was like 102-0 once.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Beat Vault of Glass raid in Destiny with 2 other guys when it was still vanilla Destiny. (Before the first DLC)

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
When I was younger and in college I was pretty heavy into the FPS scene. I used to love playing Halo 2 and doing multi-player matches without shooting - just beat downs and grenades. The after-match statistics showed how many shots you fired so I loved going something like 25-2 in a team slayer match then making fun of the other team in the after match chat because I didn't fire a single bullet.

But man do your FPS skills really fall off a cliff when you don't have time to play everyday. I feel like I am pretty terrible nowadays.

Yeah, the skills fall off a cliff in a big way! I would be horrible at FPS games these days... but I was good once upon a time. I used to play Counterstrike back when it was a HL mod instead of its own stand-alone. There was a desert map that I absolutely owned. To the point where I tried playing couple of friends, myself against both of them. What I didn't realize was that my one buddy spent the whole game looking on my screen so he knew exactly where I was going all the time - even with it being 2-1, and him cheating, I still kept it a pretty even game.

I used to do deathmatches on the original Deus Ex too - I was quite pleased with myself when I was accused of having an aimbot.

I think the one FPS kill that gave me the most pleasure was on Half Life though - the guy who was leading the scoreboard in kills was doing it all with a crowbar. He was better than I was, but I was still close to the top of the scoreboard. My favourite kill? I took him out with a crowbar too :laugh:

I just remembered my absolute favourite FPS kill. This was back in the days of dialup games. Duke Nukem 3D. The guy I was playing against set up a hologram in front of a cupboard, and then jumped in the cupboard. The idea was that I was supposed to come along, and attack the hologram thinking it was him, and he would jump out and get me. Only, I saw him setting it up. I ran up to the cupboard, popped it open, stuffed a pipe bomb in there, and closed the cupboard. He wasn't happy with me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad