What is a crazy video game challenge you have completed

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
This is insane :amazed:

Came here to post "beat Mike Tyson in first round"...never beat the whole game without being hit. I find Sandman is the most unpredictable, and always hits me a few times. The rest of the guys are not too tough to avoid.

I always get all the stars in Mario games. That's long...

Online division 1 in fifa games.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Aside from beating Halo 1-3 + ODST (such a great game) on Legendary most recent that I'm proud of is getting The Floor Is Lava on Overwatch

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Came here to post "beat Mike Tyson in first round"...never beat the whole game without being hit. I find Sandman is the most unpredictable, and always hits me a few times. The rest of the guys are not too tough to avoid.

I've never beaten Tyson in the first. Maybe I'll give it a shot whenever I get my hands on an NES Classic, or an emulator but it's just not the same lol. I actually didn't even know it was possible until I saw a video on it recently. The timing looks like a *****.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah probably The Floor is Lava for me as well. According to some (too lazy to check), it's one of the rarest achievements one can have on xbox at the moment and probably the toughest to get in Overwatch.

Super happy i got it though after about 100+ hours on one character alone.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
MLB the Show perfect game online

Still own 1st place in an online flight school mission from
GTA V shouldn't be a big deal but pretty happy with it considering how many users have played it and haven't topped it in 3 years. I'm certain I couldn't either

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah probably The Floor is Lava for me as well. According to some (too lazy to check), it's one of the rarest achievements one can have on xbox at the moment and probably the toughest to get in Overwatch.

Super happy i got it though after about 100+ hours on one character alone.

Wow that's sad. Mostly cause it's luck based. You need to see 3 enemies while wallrunning and hopefully theyre weak enough

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, the skills fall off a cliff in a big way! I would be horrible at FPS games these days... but I was good once upon a time. I used to play Counterstrike back when it was a HL mod instead of its own stand-alone. There was a desert map that I absolutely owned. To the point where I tried playing couple of friends, myself against both of them. What I didn't realize was that my one buddy spent the whole game looking on my screen so he knew exactly where I was going all the time - even with it being 2-1, and him cheating, I still kept it a pretty even game.

I used to do deathmatches on the original Deus Ex too - I was quite pleased with myself when I was accused of having an aimbot.

I think the one FPS kill that gave me the most pleasure was on Half Life though - the guy who was leading the scoreboard in kills was doing it all with a crowbar. He was better than I was, but I was still close to the top of the scoreboard. My favourite kill? I took him out with a crowbar too :laugh:

I just remembered my absolute favourite FPS kill. This was back in the days of dialup games. Duke Nukem 3D. The guy I was playing against set up a hologram in front of a cupboard, and then jumped in the cupboard. The idea was that I was supposed to come along, and attack the hologram thinking it was him, and he would jump out and get me. Only, I saw him setting it up. I ran up to the cupboard, popped it open, stuffed a pipe bomb in there, and closed the cupboard. He wasn't happy with me :laugh:

You only would fall off if you have slow reflexes. When I come back from taking a break off a game I'm better then I was before

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
You only would fall off if you have slow reflexes. When I come back from taking a break off a game I'm better then I was before

Given that I haven't done any kind of competitive FPS gaming for... probably about 15 years or so... I'm pretty sure my FPS skills have fallen off. 15 years isn't "taking a break".

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Not sure if this counts as a "challenge" but I have won 1st place in Mario Kart tournaments as well as Super Smash Bros

I also only need 1 more achievement in Rocket League

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

That's awesome, didn't know that was possible!!

I knocked him out in the 2nd round years ago. That was probably my best gaming feat.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Not a challenge imposed from videogame but i made made playoffs and next tier in amateur league in Cevo in CSGO while being absolute terrible.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Call of Duty 3

One time I was camped up on top of a barn, sniping away. Somehow someone got past me and into the barn but had no idea I was on the roof. He set up shop right underneath me in that giant door opening barns have on the second level.

In a stroke of perfect timing, luck and can't stupidity I decided to drop in front of him to the ground, and sure enough, as I'm going down, sniped him in the head from point blank.

Still laugh about it almost 10 years later because it was so impossible and he had to just be like WTF? Like an angel of death dropping from the sky.

Clock

May 13, 2006
This is more silly than crazy. I believe it's Halo 2, when you have to blow up the Scarab, you're clearly not supposed to do this but you can actually finagle the Warthog you're in in the sequence prior to land on the Scarab and blow it up while on the truck. Back when the game first came out, my buddy and I spent numerous hours trying to do it without cheating in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad