What,in your opinion,is the KHL main goal right now?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
You can't expect a club to jump from a 5k arena to a 15+ one. Half of the seats will be empty for the next 5-10 years, nobody wants that. I understand that it makes more sense in the long run, but nobody wants to see an empty stadium or shell out the extra cash for the bigger arena. Also, Astana has a 30k football stadium for big events.

Are you talking about Kazakhstan right now? Because, surely, Russia or Belarus won't have that problem. We saw a club jump from 2700 to 15000 in 1 year, how would you explain that? Amur has 7k arena, are you saying they won't fill a 20k seater? Because they have 30k requests for season tickets.

Your understanding of average attendance is completely wrong. If there are 500 empty seats in 5500 arena, it doesn't mean that there will be 5000 people average in 15000 arena, it means that 500 people were not satisfied with pricing, view, your product or they had some other things to do. If you have 100% attendance it just means that you made a big mistake on proposal stage. There are dozens of examples when average attendance went up tenfold, it's just that they did a damn poor job before that. The good example of poor job with viewers would be Barys.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Are there any talks about KHL Winter Classic? I have a feeling they are going to play a game at the new 40k Kazan Arena

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Are you talking about Kazakhstan right now? Because, surely, Russia or Belarus won't have that problem. We saw a club jump from 2700 to 15000 in 1 year, how would you explain that? Amur has 7k arena, are you saying they won't fill a 20k seater? Because they have 30k requests for season tickets.

Your understanding of average attendance is completely wrong. If there are 500 empty seats in 5500 arena, it doesn't mean that there will be 5000 people average in 15000 arena, it means that 500 people were not satisfied with pricing, view, your product or they had some other things to do. If you have 100% attendance it just means that you made a big mistake on proposal stage. There are dozens of examples when average attendance went up tenfold, it's just that they did a damn poor job before that. The good example of poor job with viewers would be Barys.

Sure with very good marketing you could pull it off in Minsk or Saint Petersburg, places that have population over 1.5 million. But teams like Yugra, Neftikhmik, Vitayz Barys the population of the towns wont be able to handle a jump to a 15+ arena. While building a 7k for amur was a bad idea, I generally think that this is an exception to the rule, most places aren't as hockey crazy as others. Although I do concede to the fact that in some places it does make sense to build a 15+, you just have to be careful about places in building them and that not all current KHL teams can handle/deserve a 15+ arena.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Maybe I will never understand why the size of a town/city is so important for certain hockey fans. Even small places like Bern in Switzerland have 15,000+ fans at every game...

Or look at football. You often have a local football team in areas with an attendance of 30,000+ but then people doubt that the same region can get more than 5,000 hockey fans into the arenas...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Are there any talks about KHL Winter Classic? I have a feeling they are going to play a game at the new 40k Kazan Arena

Nothing real in next yrs, but KHL think about this. I dont think it will happen in next 2-3 yrs, KHL must solve another problems.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Sure with very good marketing you could pull it off in Minsk or Saint Petersburg, places that have population over 1.5 million. But teams like Yugra, Neftikhmik, Vitayz Barys the population of the towns wont be able to handle a jump to a 15+ arena. While building a 7k for amur was a bad idea, I generally think that this is an exception to the rule, most places aren't as hockey crazy as others. Although I do concede to the fact that in some places it does make sense to build a 15+, you just have to be careful about places in building them and that not all current KHL teams can handle/deserve a 15+ arena.

No one is talking about Vityaz, NH or Yugra. Quite the contrary, I think there won't be KHL teams in this cities because they can't afford 15000 arenas.

Maybe I will never understand why the size of a town/city is so important for certain hockey fans. Even small places like Bern in Switzerland have 15,000+ fans at every game...

Or look at football. You often have a local football team in areas with an attendance of 30,000+ but then people doubt that the same region can get more than 5,000 hockey fans into the arenas...

Because Russia is not Europe. 300 km to the nearest city is considered "close", yet there aren't many fans willing to travel 4-5 hours back home after the game that ends around 10 pm. Let alone during Russian winter.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I think there won't be KHL teams in this cities because they can't afford 15000 arenas.
THIS. When I said about 15+ arenas, I though about Barys, NN, maybe Sibir, CSKA, Dynamo Msk, Spartak, Avto or Traktor if decided to build (no money now). Of course, if they want to stay in KHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
THIS. When I said about 15+ arenas, I though about Barys, NN, maybe Sibir, CSKA, Dynamo Msk, Spartak, Avto or Traktor if decided to build (no money now). Of course, if they want to stay in KHL.

I think teams that need new arenas in the level of urgencey from highest to lowest

1.)All moscow team especially Dynamo,small luzhniki arena is awful,same goes for Sokolyniki and CSKA arena and Amur arena with 15k seats would be only logical.

2)Traktor,Donbass .

3) Torpedo

i didnt include Teams like Barys who are already planning new arenas ,also didnt include teams who i think will be kicked out in next 5 years (Yugra,Novokuznetsk,Avtomobilist)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I think teams that need new arenas in the level of urgencey from highest to lowest

1.)All moscow team especially Dynamo,small luzhniki arena is awful,same goes for Sokolyniki and CSKA arena and Amur arena with 15k seats would be only logical.

2)Traktor,Donbass .

3) Torpedo

i didnt include Teams like Barys who are already planning new arenas ,also didnt include teams who i think will be kicked out in next 5 years (Yugra,Novokuznetsk,Avtomobilist)
Agree.

As I know Torpedo is building arena for 15, Donbass for 12-13 and then Donbass Forum over 20, Traktor no money now I read a few days earlier. I would like to see new arena of Amur, but I doubt it will happen next 2-4 yrs. Who knows?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Agree.

As I know Torpedo is building arena for 15, Donbass for 12-13 and then Donbass Forum over 20, Traktor no money now I read a few days earlier. I would like to see new arena of Amur, but I doubt it will happen next 2-4 yrs. Who knows?

DIdnt know this,cool!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad