What if? Whats your wings team of under 25

mike0618

Jul 18, 2011
Lets pretend we had to build a under 25 wings team with no other players other than those in the current system.

If the wings had to field a all under 25 roster in the nhl what would the roster look like and honestly do you think they would make the playoffs?

What would you lines and defense pairings be?
What would your expected stats per player be?

Team mvp?
Any all stars? Who?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, wouldn't win a lot of games. Too weak down the middle.

Nyquist-Sheahan-Mantha
Tatar-Janmark-Jurco
Athanasiou-Kadeykin-Pulkkinen
Callahan-Andersson-Glendening

Dekeyser-Smith
Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-Marchenko

Mrazek

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Nyquist-Sheahan-Mantha
Tatar-Janmark-Jurco

Dekeyser-Smith
Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-Marchenko

Mrazek

Nyquist is 25 before the season starts.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I mean that lineup has more than a few legit NHL players. Dekesyer, Smith, are proven NHL capable. Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Andersson, Glendening as well.

There's certainly a lot of players playing above their paygrade but I don't think it'd be the dumpster fire everyone is saying. Nyquist and Tatar and Jurco are playing about where they should. Sheahan is a 2C probably at his peak but who knows. Andersson and Glendening are 4th liners on our regular team anyway so that's not exactly a downgrade. Personally I think Mrazek is ready now so I don't see that as much of a downgrade either, if at all.

Definitely bottom10 in the league and out of the playoffs, but I think they might surprise.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I mean that lineup has more than a few legit NHL players. Dekesyer, Smith, are proven NHL capable. Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Andersson, Glendening as well.

There's certainly a lot of players playing above their paygrade but I don't think it'd be the dumpster fire everyone is saying. Nyquist and Tatar and Jurco are playing about where they should. Sheahan is a 2C probably at his peak but who knows. Andersson and Glendening are 4th liners on our regular team anyway so that's not exactly a downgrade. Personally I think Mrazek is ready now so I don't see that as much of a downgrade either, if at all.

Definitely bottom10 in the league and out of the playoffs, but I think they might surprise.

Well, if you have to be 24 or younger right now to be eligible then Smith, Andersson and Glendening are not. They're all 25. If you have to be 24 or younger when the season starts you can count Nyquist out as well.

It's... pretty bad. If we went with Mclolum as our backup that would be pretty hilarious though. Sad, but hilarious at the same time.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It's amazing how Lashoff gets 0 love from anyone in this fan base. Considering how young he is, how much NHL experience he has, and he's never been THAT bad, he still can't even get consideration for an under-25 team?

Why doesn't he get the benefit of "he's still developing. Think of how good he could eventually be" like Smith, Dekeyser, all of the D in GR, or even Nyquist and Tatar? He gets treated like an old washed up vet in the twilight of his career

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's amazing how Lashoff gets 0 love from anyone in this fan base. Considering how young he is, how much NHL experience he has, and he's never been THAT bad, he still can't even get consideration for an under-25 team?

Why doesn't he get the benefit of "he's still developing. Think of how good he could eventually be" like Smith, Dekeyser, all of the D in GR, or even Nyquist and Tatar? He gets treated like an old washed up vet in the twilight of his career

Lashoff is completely terrible,he is a defensive defenseman who is awful at defense,he will never be anything more than that

anyone in Grand Rapids could step in right now and be better than Lashoff

when Lashoff went down to the Griffins for the Playoffs a couple years ago he was one of the worst guys on the team,and that was before all these prospects were even there

he's the Dan Cleary of defenders,minus the part where Cleary used to be decent

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

All of those players have more potential.

It's the same reason we don't talk about Glendening still developing in comparison to the Mantha's, pulkkinen's, and Jurco's of the world.

Glendening and Lashoff may get marginally better. But they are what they are. Depth players that were undrafted because they have limited skill.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2014/7/17/5902143/evaluating-brian-lashoff

He's basically just not that good. Even compared to Kindl.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Nyquist-Sheahan-Mantha
Tatar-Janmark-Jurco

Dekeyser-Smith
Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-Marchenko

Mrazek
Nosek?? I'm sure he'd take that #2 C before Janmark.

It would be a really good AHL team, our prospect depth is good.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nosek?? I'm sure he'd take that #2 C before Janmark.

It would be a really good AHL team, our prospect depth is good.

Was a coin flip between Kadeykin and Nosek for 3rd line C.

Janmark has played a big role in a better league, so I gave him the advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad