What If Anything do the Isles do about Goaltending???

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Rumor is carolina is trading one of Peters/Khudobin...now with both healthy they have 3 goalies on the roster and i think either one of these guys would have to clear waivers to get sent down. Hopefully Snow is working the phone for one of these guys, both will be ufas at the end of the year so we shouldn't have to break the bank for either one. I hope they dont roll the dice and put one on waivers because i think Edm would put in a claim.

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Personally, if the Isles are going to make a move, Id be much more interested in obtaining a defender rather then a goalie. I believe that is the bigger hole that needs to be filled.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Personally, if the Isles are going to make a move, Id be much more interested in obtaining a defender rather then a goalie. I believe that is the bigger hole that needs to be filled.

This. We KNOW our D is bad. But we dont know much about our goalies, because our D is so bad.

Aucoin3

Aug 9, 2005
I am a diehard fan but if being honest I dont think there is anything that the Islanders can do, including a miracle to make the playoffs this season. Since they keep their draft pick from Vanek if they finish in the bottom 10 I would just focus on next season. If there is a market for Nabokov I would look to move him early and run with Nilsson and Poulin. Do I expect good results, no I dont. My belief is we can see those two play nearly an entire season and get true insight on whether or not either of them has future potential. I would also look to trade Vanek for the highest bounty of picks or prospects, preferably the later. I would then use this coming offseason as the time to find a more permanent answer in the net. That could be one of the two we have now paired with a mentoring vet, or the acquisition of an already established starter depending on what we see from here on out.

Marlo Stanfield

My Name Is My Name
Jun 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
Since they keep their draft pick from Vanek if they finish in the bottom 10 I would just focus on next season.

I may be the minority in this but if the pick isn't Top 5, just let it go to Buffalo. Top 3 puts you in the position to get Nylander/Reinhart/Ekblad. 4 or 5 is a great trade chip to get a defensman via trade. Anything lower wouldn't help us immediately next year. Might as well give it away to Buffalo and prepare for McDavid in 2015

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad