What has made you happier this week?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for me it is Lowe and Mact getting **** canned

Since the deadline I had enough of Mact and his lies and management style

we had a good base to build from before the lotto win

(and yes I made it 2 options for a reason)

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
MacT/Lowe replaced. AINEC

Lowe spent years being a barely ok GM, followed by years as an inept poho. So happy he's done.

When Lowe hired his little buddy, I gave MacT the benefit of the doubt.

He made a couple of good moves, a couple bad moves early on. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

He called Jultz a future Norris candidate based on a few months of good play followed by a season of poor play. The doubt wavered, and went away.

He stated on air that "Nikitin is a top 4 defenseman in this league". I began wondering what fairy world he was living in.

So glad he's done.

When we won the draft I cheered and screamed.

Today, I was left speechless, muted and crying with joy and relief. :cry::handclap::laugh:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Mact and lowe. With mcdavid, I'm convinced he would of failed to live up to expectations with Lowe and mact here.

Chiarelli will know a month in what kind of changes he needs to make

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Winning Mcdavid or the sacking of the old boys club?
MacDavid first and foremost. The OBC being sacked is a bonus and was probably in the works anyways. Although the first part is a direct result of the later part. Oiler fans deserved some good news for a change. Hopefully this is just the start of better days. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Surprised with all the McDavid votes.

I figure McDavid + Lowe/MacT is sort of Pittsburgh and Crosby and, best case scenario, somehow the org manages to luck its way to a cup, but never really sniffs it again after while letting McDavid waste his years away.

With Lowe/MacT gone and under better management, but no McDavid, I would say this team still has enough assets to consistently compete for the cup and probably wins more cups or at least has a better chance at a cup.

The moral of the story is, who really cares since we got both! :yo:

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
McDavid! Who knows if we will ever see a generational type player like this on the Oilers ever again in the future. As for Mac-T and Lowe, it was only a matter of time for them anyways.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As much as the old boys needed to go, getting a generational player trumphs that. Because hiring a new GM etc could have and should have happened years ago -- Getting Mcdavid is something the team may never get again.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Winning the Lotto because it took me from a 0 to a 7. The rest put me from a 7 to a 10, so total higher happiness, but less change since I was already so intrigued.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
tough one. for shear jubilation, McD hands down. but that wasn't expected, there was no lead up. I wasn't hoping to win the lottery. I put it out of my mind.

With Lowe and Mact and the OBD, this is years of frustration and buildup, all the way to giving up and hopelessness.

haven't voted yet, because i can't decide.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Long term the management shift will be more important for this team ever being able to turn a corner. MacT/Lowe were not going to build anything other than a bottom feeder here, McDavid included.

BUT. In terms of happiness? Watching that lottery... seeing the Oilers golden logo come up. That was just so damned exciting. The music, the massive unparallelled blow up on the main boards...

It was just too damn much. It was amazing. It was incredible. Fan-****ing-tastic. I had a **** eating grin on my face for about three days.

Today I'm excited and happy and nervous and optimistic for the future. But the McDavid lottery just had my giddy for days. Watching all of the Leaf fan reaction videos. Was all just too good.

Is it embarrasing to admit I just re-watched the lottery again? And I have that same giddy feeling? Lmao

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I'm back on this forum to talk hockey , that's what I'm happy about. Lowe steps aside with class, good on you. Better late then ever!

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Long term the management shift will be more important for this team ever being able to turn a corner. MacT/Lowe were not going to build anything other than a bottom feeder here, McDavid included.

BUT. In terms of happiness? Watching that lottery... seeing the Oilers golden logo come up. That was just so damned exciting. The music, the massive unparallelled blow up on the main boards...

It was just too damn much. It was amazing. It was incredible. Fan-****ing-tastic. I had a **** eating grin on my face for about three days.

Today I'm excited and happy and nervous and optimistic for the future. But the McDavid lottery just had my giddy for days. Watching all of the Leaf fan reaction videos. Was all just too good.

Is it embarrasing to admit I just re-watched the lottery again? And I have that same giddy feeling? Lmao

Hey, man, are you me?

:laugh:

The lotto win...was utterly unexpected. No sarcasm whatsoever. I only watched it because I wanted to see which one of the higher ranked teams would win it. I just prayed that only San Jose, Columbus, or Arizona would win it. Any other team besides ours could **** right off, lol. As Daly kept shooting blanks, my heart started pounding faster and faster. Not because we could win, that was impossible, but that Toronto would. The thought of them getting him made me sick. After they got passed over, I won't lie, I was close to cardiac arrest. I couldn't believe it. Had to pick my jaw up from the floor and wander around in a euphoric trance for a few days. Then yesterday happened. This team, I swear.

Best week of my life as a 27 years long Oilers fan.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
It's been a hell of a week. Tough to choose.

Chia being both president and gm is pretty exciting. It's a breath of fresh air to hear executives that can speak. It was just beautiful to see a professional press conference by two people who demonstrated articulate and cohesive thoughts and then subtly crafted shallow responses to questions that shouldn't be answered.

Having someone who is very smart making the decisions is going to change everything. We've gone from a mediocre coach with a mail-in education and no executive experience, to a lawyer who did his undergrad at Harvard, who's worked as a scout and an agent, and has a track record of rebuilding franchises.

No player in the world can make the type of difference that the guy that puts the team together imo

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
That said, without Mcdavid we might not have a new pres/GM..

I don't get why they would trot MacT out to the wolves at the end of the year if he was about to be replaced.

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
That said, without Mcdavid we might not have a new pres/GM..

I don't get why they would trot MacT out to the wolves at the end of the year if he was about to be replaced.

MacDavid first and foremost. The OBC being sacked is a bonus and was probably in the works anyways. Although the first part is a direct result of the later part. Oiler fans deserved some good news for a change. Hopefully this is just the start of better days. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

The correct answer is the lottery, and the bolded is why, because without the first thing happening, the second one doesnt happen.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
I am not happy at all getting Chiarella as our GM. I was delighted that Lowe was gone but... chiarella. :(

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
2 different feelings for me. Winning McJesus was jubilation and excitement, unexpected happiness. But sacking MacT and Lowe... that's just deep in my gut feel good happiness.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Neither. Nicholson getting his position and making quick moves is what makes me feel the best.

Whether PC is the guy or not, I now how confidence that if he isn't we won't wait 10 years to punt him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad