What has everyone thought of Foote's play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanucks

Apr 25, 2003
Rogers Arena?
I'll admit it, I was really uncertain how he would play. When I was making my mock roster in December, I only included Foote to offset the leadership loss of Lemieux and Yzerman. Plus, he's getting older, and he isn't exactly known for his strong skating ability....but I think Foote has been solid as hell. In fact, I think hes been Canada's best defencemen, bar none. He also made that brilliant play to save a goal against Germany.

Maybe its just me, but I think hes been awesome.

Thoughts, anyone?

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
I've seen a lot of raggin' on Foote around here, but I agree that he has been solid - as always. Not spectacular, but doesn't make dumb mistakes (eg. McCabe and Regehr).

If I were to rate the D-Men.

1. Redden :bow:
2. Foote :clap:
3. Blake :handclap:
4. Jay B. :innocent:
5. Pronger :confused:
6. Regehr :eek:
7. McCabe :help:

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I think they have all been pretty terrible. Some make some good plays at times but for the most part....EW!

Lunatik*

Rocky Saginuts said:
I've seen a lot of raggin' on Foote around here, but I agree that he has been solid - as always. Not spectacular, but doesn't make dumb mistakes (eg. McCabe and Regehr).

i'd rate em

1. Blake
2. Foote
3. Redden
4. Bouwmeester
5. Regehr
6. Pronger
7. McCabe

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I think Foote has been the worst defenseman on the team, although if McCabe had to play the minutes Foote is playing - he might give Adam a run for his money.

The Redden-Foote pairing has been downright BRUTAL for Canada. The opposition has sustained pressure in Canada's zone whenever that pair is on the ice.

Jaysfanatic*

Rocky Saginuts said:

LOL, this is a great rating system, purely magnificent, I agree with Sensguy.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Great rating system. I concur.

Redden gave me fits on one play - the puck came to the line when there was pressure in the Czech zone and he bobbled it and couldn't keep it in, with no one around.

But, I think the Foote/Redden pairing has been good. You don't really notice Foote, and that's why he is so great.

Jaysfanatic*

Lionel Hutz said:
Great rating system. I concur.

Redden gave me fits on one play - the puck came to the line when there was pressure in the Czech zone and he bobbled it and couldn't keep it in, with no one around.

But, I think the Foote/Redden pairing has been good. You don't really notice Foote, and that's why he is so great.

The McCabe one is the best, I'd like to make a list of which d-men fall into that category:

Every Leaf d-man
Boughner
Gonchar

Foote needs a good d partner to make him look good, Nieder made him look good in 02.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Devilsfanatic said:
Foote needs a good d partner to make him look good, Nieder made him look good in 02.

I've not been questioning the choices on this roster, as it is so en vogue to do here. But what I will say is that without question, Neids is sorely missed on this team.

Jaysfanatic*

Lionel Hutz said:
I've not been questioning the choices on this roster, as it is so en vogue to do here. But what I will say is that without question, Neids is sorely missed on this team.

Absolutely, he's a gamebreaker of a defensman, and on this ice surface.......and you can't question him, because he pulled out, they didn't leave him off, I still think he'll play in 2010.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Devilsfanatic said:
Absolutely, he's a gamebreaker of a defensman, and on this ice surface.......and you can't question him, because he pulled out, they didn't leave him off, I still think he'll play in 10.

I remember in 02, he was such a sparkplug and could carry the puck right through the neutral zone/trap.....what a difference that could make right now. And no, there's no questioning at all, if he could have been there, he would have. I'm sure he's not happy about missing it at all.

Jaysfanatic*

Lionel Hutz said:
I remember in 02, he was such a sparkplug and could carry the puck right through the neutral zone/trap.....what a difference that could make right now. And no, there's no questioning at all, if he could have been there, he would have. I'm sure he's not happy about missing it at all.

True true, in that Finland game when the passes weren't working, I was thinking, man Nieder would just be like, gimme the puck and go end to end with it and spark the team......I absolutely love the guy, even now, wish he was a Devil still.

Reiki

Mar 3, 2004
Devilsfanatic said:
The McCabe one is the best, I'd like to make a list of which d-men fall into that category:

Every Leaf d-man
Boughner
Gonchar

Ohhh...how original, taking a stab at the Leafs. :shakehead

Big Mama*

The Foote-Redden pairing can't recover the puck in their own end. This has lead to sustained pressure for the opposition, only excellent goaltending has kept the puck out of the net.

Jaysfanatic*

Reiki said:
Ohhh...how original, taking a stab at the Leafs. :shakehead

I just wanted to join the club, except, you fail to realize that I do support my hometown Leafs.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

Adam Foote has been a little slow but he's been tough along the boards and doesn't get beat by guys 8 inches smaller in battles.

The only thing I can really remember right now from Foote is the 2-hander on Selanne as he walked out in front of the net.

I missed the Germany game.

Sammy*

Imo, he's been the worst d-man who plays regularly. The guy is ATROCIOUS at passing and only slightly better at handling the puck.
If I see one more pass of his that goes for an icing I will break my TV .
And yes, I am well aware that at times the guy he is passing to is often covered and cant make a decent attempt to grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad