Speculation: What happens to Bryzgalov at the deadline?

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
If a goalie on a contender goes down with a long term injury then there could be a decent market for him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Have a feeling he won't resign. Always felt like we were just his ticket back into the league to prove he can earn another decent contract. I'd trade him at the deadline if there's interest, might as well get something for him.

Oiler66666

May 7, 2012
Alberta
Have a feeling he won't resign. Always felt like we were just his ticket back into the league to prove he can earn another decent contract. I'd trade him at the deadline if there's interest, might as well get something for him.

If a Legit contender has goalie troubles you might get a good pick (too tired to look it up but I seem to remember last year thinking Hemsky might have fit in the Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat trade?). If not I think you have as good a chance as any in HEADCASE ROULETTE. The good news is prices stay the same but the potential prizes double. If he can keep up his play "someone" is going to way over or under pay the man. If worst comes to worstest, at least Dubnyk shouldn't be able to play hardball.

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
I think he will be traded, but we will get a decent return. He will want a lot of money to be signed here, and MacT will hold off.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Depends. He's a legitimate NHL starter and is dirt cheap. Play-offs teams with suspect goal-tending will easily cough a 2nd rounder/decent prospect for Bryzgalov. But I'd rather see Dubnyk go.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I was thinking that if we are trading Bryzgalov to someone, we should be picking up Neuvirth to play alongside Dubnyk for the rest of the season.

As for Bryz's destination, I think injuries will play the biggest factor so who knows where he goes at this point if we do indeed trade him.

Sheeshta

Jul 27, 2007
I've always assumed Mr. Blank Helmet signed with the understanding that they'd do their best to move him at the deadline.

nsoilfan

Jul 11, 2004
I've always assumed Mr. Blank Helmet signed with the understanding that they'd do their best to move him at the deadline.

ya i dont see him being here past the dead either.

mr blank helmet could at least spend a couple dolars and put an oiler sticker from the gift shop on there to make it look like he is willing to stay for a bit.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

ya i dont see him being here past the dead either.

mr blank helmet could at least spend a couple dolars and put an oiler sticker from the gift shop on there to make it look like he is willing to stay for a bit.

His children were designing his helmet for him, and as anyone with kids or who work with kids know, it takes a while for kids to do something like that. After they design it, it has to be sent away to the artists to be put on there. So it is going to take a while.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013

I know it's just a play on words but, you buy tickets, they don't buy you. If he was trying to prove something he would've done some kinda try-outs. The Oilers came to him, lets remember, so he's not looking for a ticket for anything. Maybe you would like Labarbera back instead, once we get "something" for him, seeing as how Bachman's not being given much of a chance by the goofy management.

nsoilfan

Jul 11, 2004
His children were designing his helmet for him, and as anyone with kids or who work with kids know, it takes a while for kids to do something like that. After they design it, it has to be sent away to the artists to be put on there. So it is going to take a while.

if this is true than that is a nice gesture.

but at the moment for people that do not know that story it looks like a guy waiting to move on.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I think he will be decent enough for a contenders backup goalie. We all know goaltending injuries are crucial.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
If we don't extend him (and it better not be anything like his contract in Philly) then there's no reason he should be here after the deadline. The season is already done

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
If I were Oilers management I would sign offer him a 2 year deal for 3.5M/yr, if he says no, trade him.

I could see Minnesota looking for a backup plan as things move along - backstrom has been garbage and they really have nothing else should Harding get injured. It'll probably be for say a second/third rounder or something.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we don't extend him (and it better not be anything like his contract in Philly) then there's no reason he should be here after the deadline. The season is already done

Who is going to trade for him? I just don't recall too many teams acquiring goalies at the TDD.

If he is as good as we hear with Belov and Yak then why just deal him for the sake of dealing him?

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
Question, I have been traveling so if this has been addressed apologies up front. During the Phillie game Bryz threw his stick up in the air after the 3rd goal, has there been any comment from anyone about this? I don't personally have an issue with it but thought some may be screaming blue murder!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad