What happened with Maxim Noreau?

P10p

May 15, 2012
There is also a long list of people who put up points in the AHL and then went on to succeed in the NHL. Doesn't mean nothing. We're not talking about lists, we're talking about Maxim Noreau.

And you can sit there and say it straight faced for as long as you want. He didn't get a decent chance to show himself in the NHL. Should we have gave up on Granlund after his first six games? I mean, FEL league is full of players who look like superstars in Finland but can't cut it here. That is the logic you're giving me here to try and explain this....

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
There is also a long list of people who put up points in the AHL and then went on to succeed in the NHL. Doesn't mean nothing. We're not talking about lists, we're talking about Maxim Noreau.

And you can sit there and say it straight faced for as long as you want. He didn't get a decent chance to show himself in the NHL. Should we have gave up on Granlund after his first six games? I mean, FEL league is full of players who look like superstars in Finland but can't cut it here. That is the logic you're giving me here to try and explain this....

most of them aren't 17 when they look like superstars in Finland. Some guys just don't warrant giving a chance, or every ******* night the leagues rosters would be filled with AHL tryouts who just need a break to show what they have. six games isn't enough? how much is enough? it's ludicrous. he looked pretty out of his depth when he did have time on the NHL ice here. There are probably reasons there was little interest in him from draft until now at the age of 27...if he does burst onto the scene as a legitimate NHL defenseman there are going to be a lot of people sharing the "how could i have been so blind!" thought.

P10p

May 15, 2012
most of them aren't 17 when they look like superstars in Finland. Some guys just don't warrant giving a chance, or every ******* night the leagues rosters would be filled with AHL tryouts who just need a break to show what they have. six games isn't enough? how much is enough? it's ludicrous. he looked pretty out of his depth when he did have time on the NHL ice here. There are probably reasons there was little interest in him from draft until now at the age of 27...if he does burst onto the scene as a legitimate NHL defenceman there are going to be a lot of people sharing the "how could i have been so blind!" thought.

You act like there are dozens of 100pt scorers and 50pt defencemen in the AHL. Getting a little carried away with some statements....

There wasn't a single 50pt defencemen last year.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
You act like there are dozens of 100pt scorers and 50pt defencemen in the AHL. Getting a little carried away with some statements....

There wasn't a single 50pt defencemen last year.

and you're acting like you're magically better than nearly everyone in the league when it comes to judging talent. a granlund comparison? holy god.

P10p

May 15, 2012
also most aren't 17 when they in the AHL either. In fact, none are? :dunno:

P10p

May 15, 2012
There is a long list of talented players who don't succeed in the NHL though? The LIST!!!!!

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Maybe they thought he was too much of a one dimensional player and over the years felt the holes in his game were unfix-able to be able to make the jump to the NHL.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yeah true. I don't remember his 6 games with the Wild tbh so was just curious :)

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
There is a long list of talented players who don't succeed in the NHL though? The LIST!!!!!

what list?

idk. look up top 20 players in each position in the AHL year by year and i'm sure you'll find more than a couple that don't spend a lot of time in the NHL. or haven't.

P10p

May 15, 2012
what list?

idk. look up top 20 players in each position in the AHL year by year and i'm sure you'll find more than a couple that don't spend a lot of time in the NHL. or haven't.

And I'm sure you would find alot of players that do or have. I get that maybe he is one dimensional and there are reasons he didn't succeed. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few guys who were big scorers in the AHL, who never could hack it in the NHL.

Corey Locke
Krys Kolanos
Keith Aucoin
Alexander Giroux
Jason Krog
Andrew Ebbett
Brett Sterling

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
And I'm sure you would find alot of players that do or have. I get that maybe he is one dimensional and there are reasons he didn't succeed. [MOD]

that was the entire argument. he only ever had the one dimension, and that didn't manifest in any way while he was up here. a guy with a low projected future doesn't get gifted "good" minutes too often or stay around very long if they don't immediately show something. Doesn't have to be scoring. Hell, it was hilarious that Voros came in and stuck--i don't recall, but didn't he have like 7 goals in his first ten games or something silly? and then he sucked. but it was still enough for them to keep him up here a while.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If Haula looked as lost at the NHL level when he was called up last year, he would've been sent right back down as well. He didn't though, he showed value the moment he stepped on the ice and forced his way into a permanent roster spot.

1 chance, and he made it count. Maxim had 6 chances to do the same thing and couldn't show anything on NHL ice that he deserved to stay on NHL ice.

He was a long shot to begin with. Long shots don't get many chances, so they have to make them count when they do. He didn't

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad