What happened with Brian Elliott?

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
It would be nice if both of our goalies could handle things like this like adults, rather than pissy 16 year olds mad because coach had him sit. Really boys, millionaire goalies in the show. Mentally drained? Get over it kid.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It would be nice if both of our goalies could handle things like this like adults, rather than pissy 16 year olds mad because coach had him sit. Really boys, millionaire goalies in the show. Mentally drained? Get over it kid.

If players weren't showing any frustration then the complaints would be that none of them care. They are competitors, they get frustrated. As long as they don't dwell on it then it is a perfectly healthy attitude.

Nothing wrong with Allen's comments either. You get pulled, your natural expectation is to basically switch off because that's what you've done your entire career. Getting sent right back in 2 minutes later is an extremely odd situation to adjust to.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

When you get pulled as a goalie, you are more frustrated with yourself rather than the coach. At least in my experience, but I've never played at the NHL level.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
When you get pulled as a goalie, you are more frustrated with yourself rather than the coach. At least in my experience, but I've never played at the NHL level.

I get that. I would just think at this point in their careers they could deal better with unusual situations like this.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I get that. I would just think at this point in their careers they could deal better with unusual situations like this.

Its just battle emotions. I think players and coaches know enough to give each other a lot of benefit of the doubt for outbursts in the heat of the moment. I'm certain this is a nonissue for the team, and only fans are dwelling on it.

I suspect Hitchcock may feel he made a mistake, although you could argue that the team certainly responded to tie it up.

But I would want any competitive player coming out to be upset. They want to play, and to play well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad