Prospect Info: What happened to Timashov?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He was never more than a middling skill prospect. He just happened to be photogenic enough and had the right surname to stir the loins of some russophile blogger.

Really he had an alright rookie AHL season. It was a deep team. He hasn't turned 21 yet. It's a little early to write him off. Edit: Today's his 21st birthday.

Last edited:

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I know right.....WHAT HAPPENED TO TIMASHOV ?!!????!!!??

When we picked him up in the 5th round I had him pegged as the next Crosby.
I couldn't believe my eyes when all these so called "NHL" GM's passed him over - by the time they did it 4 more times I was 2 aneurysm's deep.
I joke. I joke.

The truth about Timashov:

1) The kid just turned 21 & he's only played 1 season with men in the pros.
2) He was given limited minutes in a depth/shut down-role, which isn't very conducive to point production.

3) He's a small & skilled forward - if there's a poster-boy for tough transitions into North American Pro, it's a small, skilled European that got used to sliding pucks through Yegore's sons kids legs.
4) He's doing at least as good as the average 5th round pick from 2015 - which isn't saying much, since history tell us that 90% of them won't make the NHL.

But what REALLY happened?

Matthews happened
Nylander happened
Marner happened
Hyman happened
Brown happened
Kapanen happened
Leivo happened
Grundstrom happened
Rychel happened
Johnsson happened
Aaltonen happened
Soshnikov happened

That's 12 man over-performance party right there. Timashov must have kissed someones girlfriend because that boy was not invited.

But if that didn't spoil you enough, you got just a bit more jaded while talking about:

Brooks
Gauthier
Joshua
Bracco
Korshkov
Chebykin
Dzierkals
Dermott
Nielsen
Liljegren
Zaitsev
Rosen
Borgman
Greenway
Rasanen
Middleton
Gordeev

And so forth.

The real question is: what happened to your grip on reality?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad