What Happened to The Devils?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The goalie that signed and 8 year extension with his team? Why should any of us believe he was actually available?

Who knows? I don't sit in on these trade negotiations.

But I'd heard the Devils were sniffing around Hellebuyck last offseason, before he re-upped with the Jets.

Seems like they should've pushed harder to get him. Too late now, obviously.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

But I'd heard the Devils were sniffing around Hellebuyck last offseason, before he re-upped with the Jets.

Who knows how hard they pushed or if he was ever really available.

That's a franchise altering move if Winnipeg pivots and deals Hellebuyck this past offseason.

Just saying the Devils should've done more is way too simplistic of a take.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Who knows how hard they pushed or if he was ever really available.

That's a franchise altering move if Winnipeg pivots and deals Hellebuyck this past offseason.

Just saying the Devils should've done more is way too simplistic of a take.

Not when it's abundantly clear that goaltending is where the Devils came up short. :help:

The tandem they had, going into the season, did them absolutely no favours.

But hey, hindsight's 20-20, etc.

They had no way of knowing just how badly that tandem would shit the bed.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

I believe they did sniff but if the guy was never available you can’t really blame them for not getting him.

Seems like they’re sniffing at every goalie possibility there is at this point. Fitz claims he’s going to get a #1 goalie this summer. He believes there will be some available. I guess we’ll see how he does. But I agree he’ll need to be more aggressive than he was this season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I believe they did sniff but if the guy was never available you can’t really blame them for not getting him.

Seems like they’re sniffing at every goalie possibility there is at this point. Fitz claims he’s going to get a #1 goalie this summer. He believes there will be some available. I guess we’ll see how he does. But I agree he’ll need to be more aggressive than he was this season.

Maybe they'll circle back to Markstrom, heard they were close on a deal leading up to the deadline anyway.

Or perhaps look elsewhere. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad