What happened to: David Booth

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Back when he was playing in Florida, he was seen as a great young player and I remember a yearbook had him listed inside their top 50 for the 09-10 season. But after being waived today, it is clear that those days are a thing of the past. Where did he go wrong or what went wrong with him?

member 105785

enter that video of Mike Richards destroying him here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I couldn't believe that he was actually in the NHL again. I remember he attended the Panthers training camp a couple years back and didn't make the team.

He hasn't played in the NHL for over 2 years, before this 4 game stint. He was given some real goon-like ice time, clocking in at just under 5 minutes per game on average.:huh:

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Thought it was a great trade for Vancouver. Too bad of his head...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
His brain is actual mush at this point sadly.

While he kept playing after the hit it very much ended his career.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
How many times do people have to ask this question? The answer is so obvious and repeated throughout the years.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There weren’t enough people blaming Richards for Booth’s lack of hockey IQ in this thread?

He didn’t have much to begin with.
The hit was like 3 seconds late. Maybe the coke head shouldn’t be throwing garbage hits like that.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Watching all of his limited time with the Wings this preseason and regular season, he is still definitely an NHL player and a great skater. I wish Booth would play over Witkowski, the difference in skill between those two guys is massive and Booth can still grind.

I just realized Booth was waived today, I hope someone picks him up.

Last edited:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Actually, that's not anywhere near three seconds. The timing of the hit isn't bad at all. It's Scott Stevens-like. In old time hockey that's a clean, legal hit. In today's game, no head shots allowed.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
The hit was like 3 seconds late. Maybe the coke head shouldn’t be throwing garbage hits like that.

You’re obviously still upset over this incident, so there’s not much point in trying to have a discussion- but it wasn’t “like 3 seconds”, and it was blindsided because Booth wasn’t looking where he was going- his head was turned as he admired his pass.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Late and blindside. You’re right great hit.

Ahhh yes, setting up the old straw man rather than acknowledging the ridiculousness of your own statement. The timing of the hit is not really the problem. It's a bit late but not drastically so. Certainly nowhere near three seconds late. The problem is that Richards shouldered Booth in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad